Chapter 12: Forgiveness

(Picture above is Adeline's outfit {you'll find out what for in a moment} and it's from @/ladylvintage on Instagram)

I could admit my faults.

And prematurely deciding that Owen would be my enemy...was one of them.

We'd been texting all day, and I was getting to know him better than I'd anticipated...

He was 17, his favorite color is black, and his favorite book was The Great Gatsby.

I felt like I could talk to him for hours...

He'd been the one to text me first, he texted me, "I'm glad you didn't die,"

And somehow that turned into me talking to him for hours.

I found myself unwilling to hold a grudge against him for something I might've done myself.

So, I texted him this, at 10:07pm.

"I'm sorry I held a grudge against you for so long..."

And his reply was, "Don't worry about it, I would've been upset too."

And then it was over.

~~x~~

"Come on Adeline." Dawn shoved a chip in her mouth, "One date will not kill you."

I turned to her, and pushed the blanket out of my way so I could look her in the eye, "It's not a date."

She ate another chip, "Sure it's not, but listen, asking you to go see a movie...is kind of a date."

I grabbed a pillow and smothered my face, "I can't do this."

I felt Dawn shift and sit up on my bed, she whacked my knee, "Yes you can. Now get up so we can get you ready for your date."

"It's not a date!" I yelled through the pillow.

"Okay then let's get you ready to hang out with Owen."

I sat up too, discarding the pillow, "We're going with Thalia and Daniel,"

"Great so it's a double date."

I groaned and flipped back down.

Dawn pulled on my leg, "Get. Up."

I stood and walked over to my closet, "Don't pick anything embarrassing."

Dawn flounced around my closet and we both compromised on a white short sleeved sweater, with jeans and a chunky brown belt. (Picture above)

Dawn curled my hair and styled it in low pigtails, I put on brown boots, and just as I looked in the mirror, the doorbell rang.

I gave Dawn a quick hug and ran downstairs. Taking a moment to compose myself, I opened the door, and Owen smiled at me. "Hi,"

"Hi!" I looked at his monochrome black outfit and jokingly rolled my eyes, "Bye Mom!" I yelled and walked through the doorway.