Chapter 4: Who's the imposter?

Everyone was silent for a moment before the room erupted with noise.

"I was in electrical with blue," Olive said.

"I have a name, you know." Nick said at the same time Sue asked, "Which one?"

I smiled, "Well I was with black this whole round so I know it's not him."

Owen shifted in his seat and mumbled an agreement.

I looked at Dawn who had paint in her hair, I cringed and mentally took back my previous thought, I don't want to get killed and have to listen to people argue while paint dries on me.
"Okay, who found her?" I asked.

"I did." Thalia raised her hand, "I was with Daniel-"

"Who's Daniel?" Vallarie asked.

Daniel raised his hand, Vallarie nodded, and Thalia continued.

"We found her in Medbay." She finished.

"Was anyone near Medbay?" Owen asked.

I looked over at him and smiled, baby bird is spreading his wings.

I almost laughed out loud, but promised myself I would after our mics were off.

My stomach rolled as people stated their whereabouts. I noticed Dawn's mouth moving, I looked over at Mallory who was dying of laughter.

I looked down at my tablet, and then the time. We had only a few minutes until the lunch alarm would ring.

Opal beat me to the punch, "Guys, it's almost time for food. Did you two see anything suspicious?" She pointed to Thalia and Daniel.
They both shook their heads.

She slowly pointed around the table, looking each person in the eyes. "Personally, I think that we should all keep an eye on Mike, Olive, Jillian, Adeline, and Owen."

"What? Me? Why?" I burst.

She shrugged, "I have my reasons for each of you."

I blinked.

"Who are we voting for then?" Emma asked.

Everyone was quiet until Julie spoke, "I'm voting Chad."

Chad scoffed, "Why?"

"I don't know, I just think it's you."

She clicked on her tablet before leaning back in her chair. Her red hair snagged and she had to rip out a few pieces.

Shae clicked her nails against the table, which was muffled by her glove. "I'm voting Black, or, Owen."

I glared at her. They didn't trust me.

"Well I'm voting Opal. She seems to be pointing fingers every where but at herself." I tapped on my tablet, locking in my vote.

Opal breathed out a puff of fast air, "I'm voting Adeline because if she wasn't suspicious before,"
I glared at her.

She glared back.

"Everyone needs to calm down," Millie said seriously before letting out an amused half laugh. "We need to stick together if we're going to win as crewmates."

"Maybe it's Millie, she's trying to defend someone." Chad said as he clicked on his screen.
Millie glared at him, "We are not going to win if you guys keep turning on each other. Everyone's innocent until proven guilty."

Chad smiled. His vote already in.

Jack punched Chad in the arm and gave him an incredulous look, and then Jack tapped on his screen.