Chapter 5: Figuring it Out

I stared unseeingly at the table as they discussed Owens latest kill. Olive.

I finally looked up at Olive and noticed her talking to Dawn, although all the other ghosts could hear her. "I never suspected Emma."

Dawn nodded, "Same."

I glared at Owen, "Personally I never suspected Owen."

Seeming to sence my glare, he looked at me, I glared further.

"If you glare at him any more you'll shut your eyes." Thalia teased.

"And you'll give away his cover!" Dawn chimed in.

"How about you have Daniel betray and kill you, then you'll understand how it feels." I stared at Owen until I finished my sentence.

When I finally looked back at Thalia and the other ghosts I realised how what I said sounded.

"Not like that, I mean-" I sighed looking at Thalias expression.

I knew she'd never let me live this down.

I looked at Dawn who was suppressing a laugh. I playfully glared at her.

I looked at Daniel (who was wrongfully voted off for Thalia's death) who was looking away from everyone, trying not to get involved.

I noticed Jack, or red, laughing as he watched the exchange.

"Would you like some popcorn?" I asked a heartbeat before Emma spoke.

"So what's the consensus? We can't let the imposters get away with killing this many people!"

I'd agree with her, if I didn't know that she was a dirty, terrible, lying, friend-stealing, imposter.

Wow I needed to get over it.

"I think we should skip but stay together." Sue said, "Nick, can I stick with you?"

Nick shrugged, "Okay, but if I die, y'all will know who it is."

I almost laughed. "She's not the one he has to watch out for."

They skipped their vote and I stayed with Thalia, Dawn, and Daniel.

"You need to calm down, it's just a game!" Dawn laughed.

"But the betrayal was real." I pressed. "Besides, I'm just ready for bed now." I yawned and looked at my tablet, "We still have an hour," I groaned.

"I'm going to start scouting places to sleep because by the looks of it, this game won't finish for a while." Thalia grabbed Daniels hand and dragged him out of the cafeteria.

I looked around the cafeteria and mentally went over the rooms. Security has a nice plush seat to watch cams... But it's probably already taken, plus, sleeping in a chair wouldn't be comfortable... I mentally went over all the rooms. My choices were to 1) sleep in Admin on top of the map thing, or 2) I could sleep on the floor somewhere.

I sighed and walked to Admin... Before turning around. Owen and Emma were in there. Probably plotting.

I turned but felt a gloved hand grip my bare wrist.

I closed my eyes.

Please don't be Owen. Please don't be Owen.  I can handle Emma, or anyone else really, it's not like we can even talk.

Please. Don't. Be. Owen.

I turned and almost wanted him to kill me again.

Or the floor to open up and swallow me whole.
Whichever worked to get me out.