PROLOGUE

IMPORTANT REMINDER:

If the whole concept of omegaverse and mpreg are new to you, please don't skip the Introduction.

⚠️ TRIGGER / CONTENT WARNING:

This story contains strong language, violence and explicit sex scenes that may be inappropriate to some readers.

ON TERMINOLOGIES:

Meanings of words/phrases with a (*) can be found in the Glossary of Mafia-Related Terminology.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

With the recent amendment of the equal rights among Alphas, Betas, and Omegas (also called the ABO Amendment) in New York City, the economy has seen a steady growth over the past three years. 

Omegas, once loathed in society for being born as they are, are now allowed to work within white-collar industries without the red tape. These individuals only need to follow the three cardinal rules instituted by the State:

One, Omegas must keep track of their heat cycles and must stay at home during their estrus period (for individuals with no pair-bond).

Two, they must religiously take any state-approved heat suppressant to mitigate or limit the strength of their estrus and avoid a "wild heat".

Thirdly, all unbonded Omegas who reside in the state must be registered with the Civil Registry of New York. And as long as they are unbonded and/or unmarked, they must wear a collar or choker, or a shirt with two or three buttons to the neck, when out in public. This is so they can protect themselves from being publicly claimed by an Alpha during estrus.

So far, all is well for everyone. These state-implemented regulations appear to work efficiently for a diverse city like the Big Apple. In fact, the city mayor has earned himself high praise from his neighbors, that many other state leaders are following suit.

But with the statewide economic growth came the sudden influx of people moving into New York City. People from across the country, particularly ones from neighboring towns and suburbs, flocked the state, trying to get a piece of what they now call "The Real American Dream".

But while some have successfully indulged themselves with a slice of that cake, many more remain unemployed and below the poverty line. 

The unfortunate ones would either end up in slums or would have it worse than how they were prior to their life in the Big Apple. And if there's no other way out, these hapless migrants end up in red-light districts, making ends meet by selling their bodies at the drop of a dime.

This is certainly great news for the rats of the Big Apple...

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Present-day New York City is a pretty façade that's hiding an ugly personality. Beyond the unapologetically urban cityscape and the monochromatic monoliths of concrete, lies the real Big Apple. It's a world that the ABO Amendment has barely touched, where it's nothing more than a distant dream. Here, Alphas remain supreme, while Omegas are nearly synonymous with stray dogs.

Indeed, there is never a boring day in this side of the city. This couldn't be more true for the fearless and power-hungry denizens of the underworld – the badlands ruled by thirteen of America's strongest and most influential Mafia families. So while the rest of the city strives to maintain peace and order among its law-abiding citizens, much of the place remains under the wings of the virtually untouchable Cosa Nostra*.