CHAPTER 2-1: The Lone Wolf's Woes

⚠️ TRIGGER / CONTENT WARNING:

This chapter contains strong language, sex and nudity that may be inappropriate to some readers.

ON TERMINOLOGIES:

Meanings of words/phrases with a (*) can be found in the Glossary of Mafia-Related Terminology.

Chapter 2-1's Umore are:

I Wish I Never Met You by Oh Wonder

Can I Call You Tonight? by Dayglow

Butterflies by Fiji Blue

Link to the Spotify playlist: https://tinyurl.com/yyj9cx5q

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Times like this, the Lone Wolf hated being an Omega.

He wasn't okay. He was practically burning up from the inside out.

It's been three months since Gianni had last gone into heat, but why does it have to happen now of all times? He hated this situation. A man in his prime. Unbonded. Unmarked. Working hard to fight the instinct and the disgusting need to mate and be bred.

Gianni removed his necktie, loosened his collar, and tossed the tie into the passenger's seat. It was taking too damn long for the limousine to back up and get into the manor. Feeling anxious and agitated now, Gianni tried to maneuver his car back out on the parking spot, but a car had pulled up behind him, blocking his way to back out.

Now he was trapped, with no other way but to drive forward and pass by the limousine. 

Shit. Shit, shit, shit!

With a trembling hand, he reached for his phone and swiped through the row of apps until he found the heat tracker. The moment he clicked it open, an exclamation point appeared on his screen, right above a message that read:

HEAT PREDICTION:

You are 8 days delayed

Tap here for more info

Oh fuck, I really am in heat.

Gianni closed the app and thought about calling Samuel, but changed his mind immediately. Instead, he went through the messages in his inbox, clicked on a name to open an IM window, and typed the message, "Townhouse in Manhattan. Be there in an hour or I'll call someone else." He tapped the bottom of the screen, pressing the Send button.

He got a response almost immediately:

And I exist only when it's convenient for you? Hey. I'm NOT your bitch.

Gianni let out an exasperated sigh as he tapped the Reply button and thumbed rapidly, anxiety building with each letter he pressed.

Fine. I'll call someone else.

He tapped the Send button and tossed the phone into the car's cup holder. The phone vibrated as it rang, but Gianni chose to ignore it, reaching over to hit the button on the side to silence it. 

With his right foot, Gianni carefully pushed down on the accelerator as he slowly eased out the clutch. The rear tires spun as the car slowly moved forward.