Chapter 2

I woke up with a pounding pain in my head. Cradling my head in my hands, I sat up and tried to recall what had happened after I had left my class yesterday.

My body became rigid from fear when I realized that I had let Harry see me vulnerable. That I had let him wipe my tears and kiss my head and put me on his fucking lap. And I'm guessing he carried me back too.

I slumped my head forward but my cheeks reddened with an involuntary blush. He took care of me. Harry Potter, the Harry who hates me, took care of me and calmed me down and carried me to my dorm and put me to bed. I'm mortified and flattered at the same time.

I laid back down on my bed with a loud groan, thinking about how I could fix this. Father couldn't know about this.

After dragging myself off the bed and dressing in my robes, I trudged out the room and to the Great Hall for breakfast. I sat in the centre of the Slytherin table, surrounded by loud chatter from my fellow housemates and all I could focus on was not looking towards the Gryffindor table.

I finished my food as quickly as I could and rushed out of the room, glad to have avoided all contact with Harry.

However the relief did not last long as I was grabbed from my shoulders and spun around, only to face Harry.

I quickly put a scowl on my face and sneered,"What the hell do you want Potter?"

His eyebrows scrunched together in confusion, and my heart melted a bit but I did not let it show. Malfoys don't show emotions.

"Oh-um I just wanted to know if you were feeling alright?"

"I'm fine Potter, not that it's any of your concern." I said, looking bored and a little annoyed.

He frowned even more and said,"Oh well that's good, so-"

"Look, I don't know what you are trying to do, but stay away from me. And if I hear that you opened your mouth about this to anybody else, consider it your funeral. Because I will make you regret it." I said, backing him into a wall and pushing my wand against his chest.

I watched as his eyes filled with sadness and anger. He pushed me away and said,"I was just trying to help." And before I could get another word out of my mouth, he bolted towards the opposite direction.

Tears gathered in my eyes but I willed them back. This was the best for everyone. Nobody should hurt because of me. Especially not Harry.

Throughout the day, I tried to keep up my appearances, trying to be mean to as many people as I could. I went to my classes, caused a ruckus and goofed around. But inside, I was hurting. I didn't want to be this person, but I had no choice.

As soon as dinner started, I went upto the Owlery. I loved the fresh air and being with all the owls. It was the only place I did not feel judged, the only place I could let my guard down.

I skipped up the stairs, a bright smile on my face. But that smile vanished when I saw Father's owl with a letter around his ankle. I slowly approached him and carefully took the paper off, my hands trembling.

Draco,

You are expected at the Malfoy Manor this weekend to further your training. Be here on Saturday morning. Not later than 11 am or you know what happens.

Keep up to the Malfoy standards boy, or you may find yourself not to be one anymore.

My eyes overflowed with the salty liquid and the letter fell from my hands, my whole body trembling in fear. I did not want to go back to that house. I did not want to be a Malfoy. But if I was not a Malfoy, I did not have access to money and that would mean no more education.

"Draco?" The sound of someone whispering my name broke me out of my thoughts and I quickly whirled around, coming face to face with Potter.

"H-harry?" I whimpered. He quickly rushed to me, pulling me flush against his chest. My sobs increased and I clutched Harry's shoulders, burying my face in his neck.

"Hey, it's okay sweetie. Everything's okay. I'm here, you're safe, just take deep breaths for me please." He crooned, cradling the back of my head with his hand.

I breathed in his smell, allowing myself to be comforted by it. Against my better judgement, I fell into headspace, surrounded by warmth and Harry's arms wrapped tightly around me.

My sobs turned into sniffles and I put my thumb in my mouth, sucking on it gently. Harry looked stunned for a moment before a warmth flooded his eyes.

"Hey, no sweetie, don't do that." He said, trying to pull my thumb out of my mouth.

I resisted and frowned shaking my head and saying,"Nu, Hawwy, is nice."

"I'm sure it's nice, but you can get a tummy ache from it baby." He explained gently, stroking my cheek.

I pouted but pulled my thumb out of my mouth. Harry smiled fondly and pecked my forehead, saying,"Good boy."

I preened and blushed at the praise, making Harry press another kiss to my red cheeks.

I put all my weight on him, mumbling,"Tired."

Harry picked me up and carefully lowered us both on the ground, him sitting with his back to the wall and me sitting on his face, towards his face. "Better darling?"

"Mhm." I said, snuggling my face in his neck. I felt him press another kiss to my hair. I was gently lulled to sleep by the whooshing of the air, the faint sound of people returning to their dorms and the feel of Harry pecking my hair.

The next time I woke up was to Harry setting me down on my bed.

I pouted and held onto his hands, whimpering,"Stay, pwease, Hawwy."

Harry smiled softly and said,"I can't today sweetie, next time, okay?"

I pouted even more but that vanished when Harry started pecking all over my face, my cheeks, my chin, my forehead and my nose.

I giggled and tried pushing his head away, but to no avail. He finally stopped after a while and pulled back, saying,"Okay, it's time to sleep."

"Otay," I agreed, still sulking.

"Don't be sad, baby, I have a surprise for you."

My eyes brightened and a huge smile took over my face as I squealed,"What ish it?!!"

He pulled out a small cardboard box from his pocket, handing it to me. I tried to open it, but couldn't quite figure it out.

"Need some help?" He offered and I nodded my head, still pumped up.

He chuckled at my enthusiasm and removed the tape from the box and then handed it to me.

I carefully pulled back the flaps, my mouth hanging open at what was inside.

"Do you like it sweetie?" Harry asked, nervousness clear in his eyes.

"Love it Hawwy, tank'oo." I squealed, quickly popping the forest green pacifier in my mouth.

He chuckled sweetly and gently pushed me to lay on my back, pulling my covers tight around my body and upto my chin. He pressed a small kiss on my forehead and another one on the front of my pacifier.

"Eyes closed now, baby." Harry said. I quickly freed my hand from the comforter and tightly gripped Harry's hand, pulling it to my chest.

"Gwood nwight, Hawwy."

"Good night baby."