Chapter 8

Exile by Taylor Swift ft. Bon Iver

Hey, Y/n. Tom's great and doing better but at times is zoned out. He broke up with Laura just last week and we just arrived in America thats why I just texted you now. Hope your fine.

The message Harrison sent you reverberated around your mind as you got up and went to the kitchen to eat. You prepared your food while the door bell rung. Laura. You greeted her with a smile and a hug. "How are you?" You asked her genuinely smiling at her. "I'm good." She answered while you welcomed her inside and asked her if she wanted to eat out for lunch. You guys had to talk about something. You agreed of course not wanting to make things awkward and if more so worse. You insisted to drive down at the nearby cafe. As usual paparazzi followed you guys and had to call for your bodyguards.

You got in safely and ordered food. "What are we going to talk about?" She looked back at you and simply said Tom's name. You raised an eyebrow. "Can't you see he loves you." You grew more confused, you just chuckled and answered back. "I got friend zoned so..." You dug into your carbonara reminiscing how you walked away that nigh, heartbroken. But was it only you?

"He told me he did. Thats why he broke up with me." She said.

"I'm sorry... if I was the cause of your break up." You looked down on your food fiddling with it not knowing what to do nor where to look.

"It's not your fault. I knew you weren't that type of girl." You smiled at her and proceeded to talk about the other stuff laughing at stories about each other. "Make sure you fix everything with him at the right time." She bided her goodbyes from there while you drove home. Ting! A notification popped up on your phone. *Tommy's birthday.* You almost forgot and headed to the mall to buy him a gift, his dream gift to be exact. You headed straight to the mall and bought the bag. Tom's in America for sure.

Sam. Are you guys in America?

Yup...

You need anything?

Help perhaps.

I'm down just tell me.

You didn't have the will to confront him just yet, knowing that it was you who really messed up and hurt him but at the same time you had to either way. You headed home and prepared the gift wrap. You opened the bag and inspected the gift, the exact one you had, and he adored. You skimmed through your box of pictures of your memories and saw you had a pic of him sleeping peacefully on your lap. You grabbed a sticky note and wrote your message there.