Nine

A/N: this chapter might be a little more heavy, it will give you some insight in Lou's childhood. Please be aware this part might contain some very harsh thoughts. Also it's gonna be a long ass chapter! Pictures above of the dresses described.

Lou’s POV

The buzzing sounds of people talking and window-shopping filled my ears. As usual on a Saturday afternoon, the mall was packed. There were small groups of teenagers in nearly every booth at the food court, in front of most ice cream shops were moms or dads waiting in line for their kids, and the occasional elderly couple, just sitting on a bench, hand in hand, gazing fondly at the hustle that surrounded them.

Sam and I did a little bit of everything. Currently we were walking towards Primark, strolling past the shops arm in arm. For the first time in weeks, we both had a Saturday off and we didn't intend to let it go to waste.

We started our day having brunch, afterwards we treated ourselves to some fancy beauty products, and now it was time to go looking for some closet filling. Or at least that's what I called it. However Sam argued that a girl can never have too many clothes.

Maybe she was right, I guess I just didn't like shopping for clothes that much. I did however have a very big, not to say enormous weak spot in my heart for hoodies.

"Oooh girl, look at that dress! It would look adorable on you!" Sam gushed as she spotted a raspberry pink dress. To be honest, it was one of the cutest dresses I'd seen. It had ruffled straps and a small bow at the back.

"Possibly," I said. "Let's look around a bit, huh?"

"Sure! Meet up with me in 30 minutes in front of the changing rooms?" She sent me an enthusiastic smile.

"Yup!"

With a wink, she turned around, walked over to the pile of baskets, took one and disappeared in the maze of racks. I let out a long and heavy sigh, and at a slower pace copied her movements.

I already knew Sam's basket would be overflowing with way too many outfits, as she never tried on an item on its own, it always had to be paired with something, so she could decide if it would actually fit in her existing wardrobe. That didn't really matter to me, I just grabbed whatever seemed nice and comfy or captured my attention in some way.

Exactly 30 minutes later, I was sat on a small red velvet bench next to the changing rooms, waiting for Sam. Excitedly waving her arm, she finally showed up 10 minutes later, with not one but TWO chock-full shopping bags.

"Finally!" I said standing up.

She looked at me apologetically.

"Sorry for my tardiness, honey! I got a little bit carried away. Let's get started, shall we?"

Shaking my head at her crazy shopaholic ways, I meekly followed her as we looked for available adjacent rooms.

"Over here!"

Sam walked in and immediately after placing her bags down, she pulled something out and shoved it in my bag.

"No arguing," she said as I opened my mouth to do exactly that. "Try it, as a favor to me."

She blew me a kiss before closing the door and leaving me in the hallway stunned.