Prolouge

'I recall clearly the fact that all my life I had heard the tales of a valiant duo. A male and a female who where basically the ones who changed the society which was filled with filthy blood sucking leachers who fed off of others. In any case today was an important day, for I, am going to meet the pair who are loved by all since I am going to turn their story into a book. For years they had refrained from giving interviews and turned down any offers for sharing their story with the world but today they had accepted to let me write their story into a book for them, what an honour is all I currently felt.'

"Perfect"

The girl said while standing in front of the full length ovular mirror. The rose wood edges were recently varnished and gave off a certain earthy scent, it was as beautiful as it had been when the girls grandmother used it as a young girl and it was passed down to her from then, it certainly reminded her of her grandmother as she looked at it with nostalgia. The mix of dark and light shades of brown resembled that of her long wavy hair.

*Sigh*

'I wonder why it's taking longer to brush my hair than usual but I am confident in my outfit today since I did not pick it for myself, instead I had my sister pick it out for me since I had never been very bright when it came to fashion. I had asked her to make sure that the outfit was neither too formal nor too informal just right enough for an interview and she had come up with a Beige knee length dress, with full length sleeves, boat neck design with flaps that covered my chest and a brown bow in the middle and a small pendant to bring the look together.
And hence brimming with confidence and excitement I made my way to the biggest mansion in the city.'

*30 Minutes Later*

'As I stood in front of the ginormous gates of the mansion, the realisation of the fact that I stood in front of one of the most influential people's house suddenly struck me like lightening and I instantaneously froze in my steps as I saw the duo approaching me. All of the confidence that I had felt until just a moment drained out of me at the speed of light as I blacked out.
I have no recollection of how they bought me in here but I was certain that I was inside one of the parlor in the mansion and why was I so sure? It was due to the fact that I sat across them and observed them silently sipping their tea. They seemed to be in their fifties but something about them gave off a charm like that of a young person, it was soothing yet exciting at the same time it was a feeling like any other. They sat quietly as I soaked it all in and studied their every movement, the lady was beautiful regardless of her age, she had long red hair and fair skin. She wore a white dress, it gave of a serine feeling and the man was certainly charming. He had raven blue hair and wore a pearl blue suit, it had a cooling effect on the eyes that's for sure.'

"So are you the one who would write our story, what was it ... Navia Harley? You look quiet young I must say."

'When the woman suddenly spoke it had startled me for a minute but I answered in a dignified manner.'

"Yes that's me Navia Harley and I will be listening to your story and publishing it for the world to know."

"It is quiet the enthusiasm you got their young miss. Then shall we start with introductions, as you know I am Mekiel Zachry and this is Celina Geatz."

"Yes. But today I would only be asking a few questions."

"Very well then, we would try to answer them as much as we can."

"Yes. So Madam Celina how do you know each other? If I may ask."

"Hmm... I believe we met each other in my home city of Busonov and as far as I remember we instantaneously hated each other."

"Then how come you ended up together?"

'A sudden silence filled the room as I nervously shuffled my legs and stole a few glances at the couple from time and time again aside from staring at the notebook placed on my lap. My grip on the the notebook became tighter when I spotted the sour expression on their faces.
Did I step on a landmine?'

"Katherine... happened "

'They said as they broke the silence. Their expression softened when they felt my discomfort and a subtle smile plastered their faces while their eyes looked distant, deep in thought. But the bigger question was who was Katherine and why had I never heard of this name before?'

"I-It's rude but, may I ask who is Katherine?"

'They stayed quiet, as I felt my anxiety rise by every passing second. Did I cross the line this time?'

"You..."

'Sir Mekiel spoke as he said that, I was ready to be thrown out and my fear prevented me from looking at him as I squeezed my eyes shut making them tear up slightly.'

"...Don't know her, nobody does but for us she was as important part of our lives."

'Was? Does that mean she is no longer here or something?'

"We'd always wished to not speak of her but now we have no choice but to tell for it's the story of how we three came together."

'He wore a sweet smile but I could tell he was hurt and regretful, since I heard his voice crack a little as he spoke. As much as my curiosity drived me crazy I had valued my life life better so I did not pry into the matter any further, making sure that I do not sound insensitive. I carried out the Q.& A. session with quiet a few questions about their life and work, I finally put my very last question forward.'

"Why would you never let anyone know your story and why share it now?"

"We think you would do justice to our story hence we shared it now and as for the latter... For the world we might be heroes but what would you do if the people in your story were twisted and you were even more twisted then them?..."

"Wh-What!? What do you mean?"

'I asked as I saw them slowly get up and make their way towards the door of the parlor while slightly opening it she turned around to say her final words as she left the room with Sir Mekiel.'

"...Because for us we may be the greatest heroes of our story but we were also the greatest villains."

'I had seen their smile as they left and it was like any other, it had sent shivers down my spine, just how much did we not know about our heroes? In fact I am starting to question my decission and the fact that weather it's safe to be around them.'

The girl sat in the room contemplating on the day's happenings frightened out of her wits, but one thing was for sure, that there was more to their story than meets the eye and it wasn't like any fairy tale with a happy ending.

_______________________

Hello there everyone, this is my first story I hope you find it interesting also English isn't my first language so please forgive me if I had made any mistakes.

Thank you so much for reading my story if you like it please let me know in the comments and also please vote the story.💜💜

Piyu~