Chapter 7

Sarah looked out over her cars windshield. Fingers tapping on the steering wheel. What had brought her to this moment? The letters, the pictures, the nightmares, the feeling of death. Sarah thought back on the week before she left.
———

Ethan hadn't returned to school, not that anyone could blame him. It had been barely three days since he'd consumed human blood. He needed to get used to everything. Sarah opened her locker, a letter fluttering down onto the floor. She picked it up. A picture of Benny walking by him self, or how it would seem. But if the truth could be seen Sarah would have been there as well.

"Sarah...
         I am watching you, I see you. I'm following you. You have given me an interesting predicament. Your toy has come to my side before you it seems... that's no good.
-Jesse"

   Sarah crumbled the paper with delicate cursive and threw it away. She wouldn't let him get in her head.
———
    The next day Sarah got another letter. A picture of her house, with Benny walking away. A circle and an x over his face, no letter. Just a threat.
———
     Friday, Sarah was with Jane when a letter got dropped by. It was a picture of Jane in her room playing with her dolls. An x over her face.

"Sarah
         Leave. Run as far as you can.
-Jesse."

    On the letter was red writing and a dead mouse. Sarah screamed and a police report was left.

———

     Monday Sarah was gone. A close call that hit to close to home. She got a box full of her human friends hair and pictures. The last straw before her strength snapped and she stole the family car and left. All according to Jesse's plan.