09. the incertitude commences!

THE INCERTITUDE COMMENCES !

( Inexorable futures. Told from the scars of our flesh. We dream of an escape, and live in the true reality. Our fated demise, printed in the blood and your stars. )

*— gore ( do I even need to mention it at this point, if you can't stomach gruesome violence, please leave !!! ), illegal substances & taking them

   —CIRCE COULD TASTE THE
coldness on her tongue. It's rigid, acrid texture wrapped around her mouth and left her with the chills. Winter was supposed to be the season of family and joy, albeit in this moment, as she pulled her duvet closer, all Circe could feel was the crispy air, and the recalcitrant draft ( which seeped through the holes in the windows and doors, making itself a guest in Hogwarts' walls ).

  The romanticism of christmas was, really, starting to eat away at the girl, for she understood the celebrations, and the food, and the ungoldy music, but the way kids around her would talk.... fuck, she longed to shut them up.

   She supposed a life of bleak, pallid days caused this hatred. It was reasonable.

   White was now everywhere, lacing the castle in the same paleness Praesidum wore — as if it was a reminder that even here, hundreds of miles away from the establishment, it still tugged her strings, and she still obeyed.

   Well, to some degree. She was starting to become familiar with defiance, and as she woke, all she could do was picture younger Circe, and how she'd be happy at the present day. For years she'd became what she feared, and now at Hogwarts, she was starting to regain control of her mind. It was scary, terrifying, however it was also rain after a heatwave, the sun after a storm, snow on christmas, fireworks to mark the start of the year. It was just.... right.

   And like someone suffering from amnesia, she worked her way through the past and broke down history. Seeing it for its true meaning.

   This was the lead up to her transformation. Where she cut off the thread, and set herself free from Praesidium's hands. Refusing the role as the puppet and doing what she wanted, when she wanted.