19. i, home of the grieving!

i,  HOME  OF  THE  GRIEVING  !

i, HOME OF THE GRIEVING  !

                        ( and she                                         cried  )

( and she
                              cried )

*torture?

SIRIUS SAUNTERED INTO THE
living room, catching the eye of Remus and Mary. It was midday, and with the strong scent of coffee and dough setting in the oven, could the Black relax. He'd forgotten how soothing the Potter manor was, and how it still felt like home, after all these years. "Hey," he pulled his hands into the pockets of his jeans, "have you seen Regulus and Circe today?"

Remus raised his brows, "No ones seen them. And it should stay that way. They're going to be at Praesidium tomorrow, I can only imagine they're making use of their time together."

Sirius scrunched up his face, "Ew, gross. But that's the reason I wanted to see them! They'll be gone.. and in danger! Why is it so difficult to say goodbye to my brother?"

"They'll be here later; we all planned to meet and discuss what's going down. So for now, let  them be alone, okay? What they're doing is scary, and neither of them are exempt from that emotion." Mary brought her fist against her chin, leaning forward to get a closer look at Sirius.

He let out a sigh, "Yeah, fine. Moony, you wanna go on a walk?"

"Sure." he shrugged, pulling himself up.

"Hey!" the girl called out, "You were supposed to be playing a shot game with me!"

"Mary..." Sirius raised his brows, "It's 4pm?"

"Yeah, and?"

Remus pressed his palm against his boyfriends back, "Let's go. C'mon." — he knew all too well what extreme drinking entailed, in most, and whilst he would never let his friend use intoxication as a numbing drug, he also knew she was at the stage where she was supposed to heal, and so the bottle remained in her hands. Temporarily.