Prolouge & A/N

Hello! I'm writing this just so you get to know the basic information of the story! To understand the story better continue reading.

In the prologue will be, names and meanings, backstory, ancient Korean beauty standards, and the reason why I picked the title. Enjoy.

NAMES AND MEANINGS

Each character has a name of course and each name has a meaning to it. I have picked the name that fits their personality the best. These are characters who you will see a lot of. But some names will come without a definition in here.

MAIN CHARACTER/ASSASSIN - HYE-JIN
혜진, 慧珍, 惠珍
From Sino-Korean 慧 (Hye) meaning "Bright, intelligent" or 惠 (Hye) meaning "favour, benefit" combined with 珍 (Jin) meaning "Precious, rare". This name can be formed by a variety of other hanja character combinations as well.

The main characters personality matches her name a lot. i'll only be breaking down the main characters name and Gyeongs (lords other brother.) Because the other ones are pretty self explanatory.

Hye ()
"bright, intelligent" of course she has to be because she's an assassin, or "favour, benefit" that being killing someone for the benefit of the person who hired her
Jin ()
"precious, rare" because she meet all the difficult beauty standards in ancient korea.

MAIN CHARACTER/UNDERCOVER -
BYEONG-HO 병호, 炳浩, 炳昊
This is her male name
From Sino-Korean 炳 (Byeong) meaning "Bright, luminous, glorious" combined with 浩 (Ho) meaning "Great, numerous, vast" or 昊 (hiroshi) meaning "Summer, sky, heaven."
Other hanja character combinations are possible.

LORD- DAE-JUNG
대중, 大中
From Sino-Korean 大 (Dae) meaning (Big, great, vast, large, high" combined with 中 (Jung) meaning "Middle."
Other combinations of hanja characters can form this name as well.

LORDS YOUNGER BROTHER- GYEONG
, , ,
From Sino-Korean 京 (gyeong) meaning "capital city", 景 (gyeong) meaning "scenery, view", 敬 (gyeong) meaning "respect, honour", or other hanja characters with the same pronunciation. It usually occurs in combination with another character, though it is sometimes used as a stand-alone.

BACKSTORIES

WHY DID GYEONG HIRE THE ASSASSIN?

His younger brother Yeong-Ho has always been the favorite and been treated the best, he got the biggest palace, the prettiest women, it just wasn't fair! He hated his brother so much he wanted to kill him, of course without taking the fall for it so he went and searched for the highest class assassins, at a jumak*.

*A bar

WHO IS HYE-JIN?

Hye-Jin is a strong female lead, she was always training with her grandfather. She is very gorgeous, meeting every beauty standard (Will be shown soon.) she didn't want to be like her sisters she wanted to be in war! serve her country, be bowed downed to!

she wanted it and she was going to get it. her grandfather taught her the beautiful art of Geom (Art of a single handed sword) She trained for four years trying to achieve her goal. Now she's an assassin signed to kill a very powerful man named Lord Dae-jung.

In her daily life she cross dresses as a man to get around without men harassing her.

ANCIENT KOREAN BEAUTY STANDARDS
takes place in Joseon period in Korea
朝鮮 (조선) 1392–1897

Three whites (삼백) - white teeth, white face, white hands
Three blacks (삼흑) - black eyes, black hair, and black eye brows
Three reds (삼홍) - redish lips, fingernails, and cheeks
Three longs (삼장) - long legs, hair and fingers
Three shorts (삼단) - short ears, teeth, and feet
Three broads (삼광) - broad chest, forehead, and glabella (space between eye brows)
Three narrows (삼협) - narrow lip, waist, and heel
Three plumps (삼비) - arms, breasts, thighs
Three thins (삼세) - thin hair strands, thin fingers, thin lips
Three smalls (삼소) - small head, small nose, small chin

THE REASON WHY I PICKED THE TITLE

The reason why I picked the title was because of the definition of Geom, the study of Korean sword as a weapons system is commonly called Geom Beop ("sword methods")

while the use of sword study as a form of personal development or sport is commonly called Geom Do (검도, 劍道) "Way of the Sword"). Because she uses geom for her goals, (Her goal of being bowed down to.) and that's why it's called The Way of  The Sword.

Votes are appreciated !!

(A/N: My apologies if anything in this story is incorrect. This was just a short write I did in my free time.)