Chapter Five - Recovery

"Of course that's my job." I say with a faint smile. I start to feel dizzy, I walk over to him for support. I feel my eyes close while I manage to say one thing before I pass out, "Doctor."

I wake up with Dae-Jung hovering over me. I try to sit up but then, I get a shooting pain in my stomach.

"HYE-JIN don't sit up! The doctor said so or the wound will re-open." He says to me with a worried expression.

"Mmgh" I grown in pain. I lift up my shirt to see that I'm all bandaged up. I look over my surroundings, seeing similar bird carvings in the bed. It seems like he put me in his bed?

"Are you alright? I can't believe that you got this injured just to protect a lord like me." He says frowning.

I chuckle in his response to me getting hurt.

"Yes Lord that is my job. If I die here you have to use that guard you were telling me about at the pond." I say with a weak smile.

"Please don't say things like that Hye-Jin." He says calmly. 

"You're alright." I say while patting the top of his head.

A servant walks in, and says, "Lord he as arrived." She says waiting for the lord to leave my side.

"Perfect, please lead him in here." He says back to the servant. the servant comes back a few minutes later with a man?

"I'm Yeong-Ho, I'll be protecting you while you're recovering." I nod understanding.  

"Since you have to recover I sent Yeong-Ho here to protect you while I'm gone, because I have other things to attend to." He leaves the room with the servant.

Yeong-Ho walks over to me and bows down. The solider has icy blue eyes and deep black colored hair. He's wearing an all black hanbok.

"I will be accompanying you." He says and he stands by me.

"Please sit." I say gesturing to the bottom of the bed.

"You should recover in a few weeks." He says to me.

"I'll probably recover before then. I've always been injured like this. It's nothing new." Yeong-Ho's head jolted up probably surprised of what I said. I let out a sigh before explaining my story for the millionth time.

"I am a guard and a servant. My grandfather taught me Geom so naturally I get hurt. After a while I got used to the pain so it became less serious. Of course it still hurts." He nods his head while understanding.

Of course I'm not going to tell him I'm an assassin.

Now while I'm laying here I can think back, does Gyeong's story really add up? If Dae-Jung really "take" his lover away? But Dae-Jung said that she left willingly? He always was worried about me doing to Gyeong's palace, is Gyeong the bad guy. . .? Should I kill Gyeong instead?

It's been almost two weeks now and my wounds are almost completely healed. The doctor said I should take it easy and relax. Yeong-Ho has left by now, I'm not sure where he went. But I'm almost recovered so it doesn't matter.

"I'm so glad that you're alright!" Dae-Jung said enthusiastically.

"Yes, yes I'm fine you should stop worrying about me now." I say while I walk outside to the horse pen.

"Where are you going again?" he says while fidgeting with his sleeves.

"I'm just going for a ride around town, it will be good for me to get fresh air." I say while hopping on the horse. I yell back a goodbye while the horse starts running

I think he's knows on that I'm not really going to town. In fact I'm going to Gyeong's palace to get the story straight. . .