Chapted Eight - Acceptance

CW: VIOLENCE

I hop off my horse and I stomp into his palace with a furious look on my face. I couldn't get over that he did all of this because of jealousy!?

My feet banging against the hardwood floor and I swing the door open to the study.

"Well hello, Hye-Jin!" He says setting down his tea.
I hum in response, trying to hide the fact that I'm furious.

"I see you're betraying your boss. . . Quite disappointed to see my brother has convinced you with his foolish lies."

"BOSS? Please don't get ahead of yourself!" I say while I put one hand on my sword.

"Pathetic." He says as he quickly pulls out his sword and swings. I put my sword up up to his neck. And I  begin to say what's been bothering me for this past week.

"You're so childish Gyeong! You're- you're a fool! How could you want your own brother dead just because of jealousy! He knew all along that you sent multiple people out to kill him! That whole time he knew I was an assassin, and that YOU sent me! " I say as tears drip down my pale cheeks.

"What?" he says with question.

"HE KNEW THAT YOU WANTED HIM DEAD!" I say slightly pushing the blade into his neck as the blood drips down.

"Tell my brother, he's too kind and I love him." He says to me as he's ready to accept his death.

"I'm ready Hye-Jin, kill me." He says to me as I move the blade fast across his neck. My long black hair flying up in the air with the force of my arm. He quickly falls to the ground.

As a blood pool forms underneath Gyeong I leave the palace with blood all over me. I hear guards calling and yelling for help. I wipe the blood off my cheek and I start to head to Dae-Jung's palace.

The whole ride back I could only think about what his last words were.

I enter the palace packing my things and Dae-Jungs.

"What are you doing?" He says to me.

"You wanted to run away. Now we can, just the two of us." I say while I rub the tiredness out of my eyes.

"Are you sure?!" he says as he hurries over to me trying not to trip over his hanbok.

"Yes, Dae-Jung I'm sure." I say to him as a put my hand on his cheek.

Hye-Jin ran away with Dae-Jung to a small town were they started to live as two farmers. Hye-Jin never achieved her goal of being bowed down to, but she's happy with her new life with Dae-Jung.

FIN.