Chapter 5

Y/N: I mean she isn't wrong...but I'm doing fine right?

Duck: Honk!

Y/N: Exactly! I mean its nice that she worries about me, but Its not like I'm alone or anything right?

Duck: Honk! Honk!

Y/N: Thats what I said!

You sat at a pond throwing bread at the few ducks that splashed around. You broke off another piece and stared at the bread as your behavior dawned on you.

Y/N: Yea...I don't think people who aren't lonely talk to ducks.

The ducks turn and eye you.

Y/N: Uh...You guys are cool though.

A duck shoots a "finger gun" at you as they continue to eat.

Y/N: Huh...Well Okay then.

As you made your way home you kept thinking about your conversation with BubbleGum. You weren't necessarily disagreeing with what she said...but you didn't wanna admit she was right.

Y/N: *Sigh* Its not like I'm not trying.

(Flashback)

P.B: The point is that you know... it might be better to have someone to share this journey with.

Y/N: Is this about feeling bad about our break up?

P.B: Of course not.

Y/N: Truth be told I hadn't connected with someone one as much as I did with you and it did do a number on me when you called it off.

P.B: (Y/N)...

Y/N: But all in all I understand why and I'm okay with it. I'll find someone else soon...it just might take awhile is all.

(Present)

You sigh as you came up to a small bridge.

Y/N: I should check on Miss Vampire Queen...make sure everything's okay...

???: Hiya!

???: Dude! Look out!

Y/N: Hm?

You look over the bridge and see a kid and his dog fighting a large rock monster. You pull a phone givin to you by BubbleGum and text her.

<Msg>

To: Hey P.B. could you send me a picture of what Finn and Jake look like?

P.B: Sure. Just give me a sec...

P.B:

Y/N: Huh

Y/N: Huh...He looks cooler in the picture.

You watch as Finn and Jake mange to kick off the head of the rock monster. You take notice of Finns arm.

Y/N: Ouch...that's gotta hurt.

Finn and Jake run to high-five each other.

Y/N: H-Hold on you two I don't think-!!

As they make contact Finn falls to the floor yelling in pain.

Y/N: That's a good idea...*FacePalm*

You jump down and walk over to Finn whose holding his hurt arm.

Y/N: Here let me take a look.

Jake: Yo! your that guy that was almost possessed. How ya been dude?

Y/N: I'm good thanks to you two. If BubbleGum didn't bring help with her who knows what could have happened.

You press against Finns arm stopping when he yelps in pain.

Y/N: Yep thats broken alright. Let me just....

You find a piece of drift wood near by and grab some vines and makeshift a splint.

Y/N: Jake you mind holding him?

Finn: Wait why?

Y/N: Well...were uh...*ahem* gonnahavetosnapitintoplace.

Finn: What?!

Y/N: Jake Grab him!

Jake: Come here you!

Finn manges to jump over Jake and takes of running into the distance. Jake quickly chases after him with you following close behind.

Y/N: A hero should be able to handle a simple socket pop!

Jake: Finn! Your getting this thing if its the last thing I do!

Finn: Never!!!