Chapter 19

(The Next  Day....Afternoon)

Y/N: Okay you got this! *Slaps self* You got this! ..... I feel like I might throw up.... No! I got this!

You looked at yourself in the mirror trying to get rid of any pre-date nerves. Marceline floated over you as you slowly began to shake.

Marcy: Dude, your gonna be fine just relax and breathe.

Y/N: *Rapidly breathing*

P.B: You've got nothing to worry about (Y/N). Just be yourself and you'll be fine.

Y/N: Easy for you to say...your not the one worried about messing this up and potentially being alone as a result....*Sigh*

P.B: She already likes having you around. Like Marceline said just be you...and you'll be fine.

BubbleGum quickly fixes your hair as Marceline drops your hat on top of your head. You adjusted the hat and took on last look at yourself.

Y/N: Yea...Yea your right. It'll be fine.

You take a potion of fire resistance and place it in your pocket.

Y/N: I got nothing to worry about.

P.B: Where are you taking her anyway?

Y/N: There's this new restaurant that opened a couple days ago. Its been getting some pretty great reviews so I figured we'd both try it together.

Marcy: Well I hope you two have fun.

You leave to meet Flame Princess with a big smile on your face. As you approached your meeting place you could see Flame Princess patiently waiting. Behind her a long line to get into a restaurant.

Y/N: Hey!

F.P: Hey!

Y/N: Did I keep you waiting long?

F.P: No, I actually just got here too.

Y/N: Shall we?

F.P: I think it might be awhile before we get in.

Y/N: Actually, I know the owner.

As you move ahead in the line you come to the bouncer stopping you.

???: *Wack wack*

Y/N: I'm friends with the owner.

???: *Wack*

The penguin jumps down from his stool and goes inside the restaurant. As you both wait you drink the fire resistance potion. Flame Princess notices and clears her throat.

F.P: *Ahem*

You notice her blushing and holding out her hand slightly. You feel your heart pounding as you slowly grab her hand.

???: *Wack wack*

???: *Wack!*

Another penguin dressed in a chefs uniform comes waddling out.

Y/N: Gunther!

Gunther: *Wack wack wack!*

Y/N: Like I wouldn't be here on the final opening day.

F.P: It's closing? I thought this place was doing well?

Y/N: *Whispering* Penguins don't have a very long attention span. Although they seem to be really creative.

Gunther: *Wack Wack!*

Gunther slides the bouncer aside and lets you both in. Although it looked small on the outside the inside of the restaurant was huge. Multiple penguins waddling back and forth carrying plates of food to various tables. A stage covered by bath curtains were rustling. As you both sit and order the curtains open to show another penguin ready to play a piano.

Music Penguin: *Whispering in to the microphone* *Wack wack*

He begins to play and fill the room with notes that capture everyone's attention. While everyone is enchanted by his playing (Flame Princess included) you were most curious then anything.

Y/N: (How is he hitting any of those note's?)

After some back and forth and enjoyment of the music and food the duo leave taking a walk through the forest.

(Nighttime)

Y/N: In short I'm not allowed back into Lumpy space anymore.

Flame Princess tries not to laugh, but fails. She wipes away lava tears as she speaks.

F.P: Oh man...I didn't think someone could get kicked out of a kingdom for that.

Y/N: Well I did.

You walked until you came to an small clearing. The moon in full view an a gentle breeze made it a perfect place to sit.

F.P: Its so beautiful...

Y/N: I can think of someone even more beautiful...

You say as you shoot a smile at Flame Princess. She digs her head into her knees trying not to let you see her blush. You chuckle from seeing her flames become brighter. While keeping her head down she lightly punches your shoulder.

Y/N: (She looks so cute...should I...)

You pull out the Ruby. Although it was still dull you kneeled in front of Flame Princess grabbing her hand placing the Ruby in her palm before she could see it.

F.P: H-huh?

Y/N: I think your beautiful, I think your smart and strong.....and....most importantly, I think I'm in Love.

F.P: .......

Y/N: With you...and I wanna ask you to be my girlfriend.

A moment of silence passes before Flame Princess fire burns brightly and intensely.

Y/N: (Didn't expect that.)

You shield your eyes as the brightness from the flames die down.

F.P: I-I-I-

Y/N: Before you saying anything... Open your hand.

She gives you a puzzled look before opening her hand. The heart shape Ruby was no longer dull but clear. You look at the moon to try and gather your thoughts.

Y/N: If it wasn't for you I'd still be stuck in the Ice Kingdom. Plus I could have been another skeleton in that cave...hanging out with you is always the best and I feel like anything is possible with you around--

Looking back you came face to face with Flame Princess. She placed her hand on your shirt.

F.P: (Y/N)...I....

You both learn slowly towards each other. Closing your eyes you felt the warmth of her lips against yours. You could feel her grip around your shirt tighten lightly. As well as your heart beating rapidly. Pulling away slowly you felt your face flushed and your plams sweaty. Calming down you could feel her hand on yours.

Y/N: S-so....I'll take that as a yes?

She kisses you on the check.

You lean against each other as the night goes on...you grew excited on what the future might hold for you.