Chapter 1 Abandoned yet found

A blossoming romance is a dream come true for any couple, an endearing partnership along with a exchange of heartfelt affection is a key focal point in a kindling courtship. Many would absolutely love to experience such a feeling, and for most, nothing can topple it's moments of true love and having someone truly care for you.

Walking along an avenue, grim in color, buildings mainly made with bricks, lost in it's tone, trees losing their leaves and people dressed as they were attending a funeral, (Y/n) takes it all in, breathing in the morbid atmosphere of his sullen and melancholy town. 

(Y/n) was a young man, nearing his twenties, tall and slim, yet pretty stocky for his appearance and build. Having (H/c) hair, and (E/c) eyes that made him appear much more appealing and alluring, he was titled as one of, if not, the only handsome individual man of his town. Matching the tone the town he lived in his whole life, he donned a dress shirt, beige white in color along with dark gray slacks. His black loafers left imprints on the dusty avenue he walked along. 

He didn't overdo the attire he wore like the majority of his town, instead he kept it simple and clean, not bothering to wear a full on suit matched with a tie like the other citizens. This, along with his constant need to smile, made him stand out in his glum environment. Though his reason for smiling was justified, for young (Y/n) was deeply in love, convinced that his partner that he has known for near on two years is the one.

Dear Catherine was her name, a young woman that captured many hearts in the town, including young (Y/n)'s. Though Catherine seemed to have taken more of an interest with (Y/n), keeping him the most company in her long tenure in this town. Many could claim they were destined for one another, with how often they spend together, though others could have the assumption that young Catherine was merely dragging (Y/n) along as a means of entertainment.

Regardless of their guesses and inputs, (Y/n) saw Catherine as his ideal. He has enjoyed the company they shared throughout their partnership all and all. Within his pocket was a ring, a ring that (Y/n) spent many months accumulating income to purchase. It was stunning, it stood out greatly in this dark place, shining a light every time a ray of light hit it, making it glow a beautiful blue color. It could make any room or night brighten up with it's lovely shimmer.

(Y/n) was going to ask young Catherine to marry him, a decision he has had in mind for months. 

In those months, young (Y/n) has noticed that Catherine had been acting distant, unusual compared to how she used to before all of this took place. Assuming this had to do with (Y/n) not taking the next step, which he thought was proposing, (Y/n) propositioned to himself to start saving up for a ring, so he could finally end her heartache of waiting for him to propose. 

Dear young Catherine told (Y/n) earlier that she would be busy working at her seamstress occupation which according to her, called her in to cover another worker.

(Y/n) surely hoped she wouldn't mind that he would stop by and wait for her to finish to meet up with her. 

After all, Catherine has been working very much more lately, making (Y/n) feel awful even more that he didn't propose sooner. 

Arriving at her seamstress job, (Y/n) awaited outside the door's entrance, eager for Catherine to clock out and meet up with him outside. He waited for hours it seemed, and when the bell rang to signify that the shift and the day was over, (Y/n) watched as many of the workers shifted their way out of the door when he saw something strange.

Out of the doorway, was another female worker, by the name of Martha, who was supposed to not be working today due to being sick, at least that was what Catherine told him.