eight

eight

a few days passed but bokuto didn't show up at school, you noticed his whole team disappeared somewhere as well.

you woke up and got ready for school, making your way downstairs, you saw your mum packing lunch boxes. your little brother pushed you aside, running downstairs and putting a lunch box in his bag and sprinting outside.

"what's the matter with him?" you sighed as you came downstairs.

"it's his sports' day. he's pretty excited." your mom let out a laugh as you shook your head.

"you both going to his school?"

"no hun, we are busy. he's grown up. he'll understand." your mum wiped her hands on the apron she took off.

"mom, he's only 10" you look her her, concerned.

"yes, not a baby anymore." she was making her way to her room.

you sighed as you shook your head. your mum wore a coat and came out, "bye, hun." she kisses your cheek and made her way out.

time passed and you made your way to your little brother's school. how could you let him feel the absence you felt when you were young? you skipped school to attend his sports' day.

reaching his school, it was almost lunch time. it was a hectic, trying to find your little brother among all the kids running around his age. you finally spotted your brother having a chat with an adult which you reckoned to be a teacher. you walked over to him.

he turned around, nodding to his teacher and saw you, walking over to him.

"what are you doing here?!" he ran to you.

you shrugged your shoulders, you didn't even know why you were there instead of your parents.

"you've had lunch yet?" you asked.

"nope, was just about to."

"where are your friends?" you looked around.

"they are all having lunch with their families, i didn't wanna meddle."

you suddenly felt sad for your little brother as you closed your eyes, slowly taking in his words.

"then what are you waiting for? lets go have lunch." you turned around and walked away from your little brother and he followed you.

he grabbed his lunch box and settled down on the grass and you followed him. you took out your lunch box to share with him. he started munching on his food as soon as he opened his lunch box.

"did you participate in any of the races?" you took a bite of a sausage.

he nodded as he swallowed his sausage, he lift up his two fingers, "two of them. came first and third."

"that's so great! congratulations." you tried to cheer him up.

"i am sorry mum and dad couldn't make it." you almost whispered.

"i knew they wouldn't." he didn't even bother looking up.

"i am having the other sausage if you're not eating, sis." he looked at you, munching on his lunch.

"go for it dumbass." you let out a laugh as you pushed your lunch box to him, allowing him to take anything he wanted.

after lunch, you both walked for a while with him showing around his school. he seemed pretty excited introducing you to his friends.

"you should go home now, i will come home with my friends." he stopped faced you.

you nodded, '"bye dummy." you turned around and started walking out.

"y/n!!" your brother screamed out your name and you looked behind, startled with your eyes wide open.

"thanks." he smiled, showing his teeth and turned around, running to his friends. and honestly, his pure smile was worth everything you did today.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

hey y'all, hope you are
all doing fine. I just wanted
to apologize for the late
updates and but I'll keep
on updating late for a couple
of more chapters since I'm
hella busy with something
so please bare with me but
I promise I'll be back soon.
I am honestly so grateful to
have readers like y'all.
Thank you for giving my
work a chance. Stay blessed.