eighteen

eighteen

the class got over soon and you walked out of your classroom, the day was over sooner than you thought it would. you saw sakura coming out of her class as you walked in the hallway, making your way outside.

sakura smiled, making her way to you and mid-way stopped. you stood there, confused until she raised her eyebrows and pointed behind your back with her eyes.

you turned away and found bokuto walking towards you.

"good luck." sakura mouthed as she walked away.

"hey, y/n!" bokuto came jogging from behind.

"you don't have practice today?"

"it's a skip day. it's important for the body to rest for a day."

you nodded. "is everything alright? you ran away like that. did i do anything wrong yesterday? did you not like that place i took you?" he bombarded you with questions.

it was difficult to keep track with all the questions he was coming up with so you just decided to shut him up, "nothing was wrong, bokuto."

his sudden silence felt a bit deafening, it was better if he kept talking. you grew to like the way he kept talking to you. "so... you're free now?"

he nodded, "yes, for now."

"let's go somewhere then." you stopped and looked into his eyes. the more you keep doing that, the more you keep realising that it's a mistake. all you'll gain is feelings for him. and you don't even know what he thinks about you at all, if he even gives you a thought.

but today was the day to find out. you'd ask him or maybe give him some hints but if your answered is not given in the way you want, you'd give up and silently walk away. that was your plan for today.

"seems like a good idea, where do you wanna go?...." he thought for a moment.

"oo oo what about seaview?!! let's see the sea together! it will be amazing!" his eyes sparkled like the brightest stars in the sky. you were helpless and nodded.

the sky looked mesmerising with cotton candy clouds spreaded all over the sky, giving it the shade of pink and blue with a little hint of purple

the sky looked mesmerising with cotton candy clouds spreaded all over the sky, giving it the shade of pink and blue with a little hint of purple. the sea, on the other hand felt calm, like almost always.

so calm,you just wished to close your eyes and listen to your own heartbeat going beat after beat, making you realise you're still alive. the color of the water, as it appeared was blue. the colour itself presenting serenity of one's mind. making one relax just by looking at it. no wonder people prefer coming to the sea when their mind seem so perplexed by life's puzzles.

you were confused too. your mind was screaming but the sight of the calm nature brought you a feeling of peace. that it's all going to be alright.

bokuto took off his shoes and sat down on the sand where the water could reach his foot. you followed him. he didn't speak a word and neither did you. the silence between you two was anything but uncomfortable. he might be fighting his own demons you knew nothing about.

you took a deep breath, "it's beauti-"

"how wonderfu-" you both stopped at the same time. laughed it off a little and waited for the other to speak first.

"i think i might be falling for-"
"you won, boku-"