Day 1: Eyes

The wind was picking up gradually, steadily

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

The wind was picking up gradually, steadily.

It kept blowing my hair all around but that wasn't what mattered at the moment.

At the moment, all I could see was red.

Red eyes staring back me.

It was the only physical trait that made me different from anyone else in my family.

A family that no longer exists.

My eyes should have been dark brown or at least any shade of brown since that what the dominant eye color in my family.
But by some twist of fate I ended up with pure black eyes.

Because of this I was labeled a freak.

A freak that no one loved.

Not my family.

Not my friends.

Not my people.

Not myself.

I hated my eyes for the longest time but now I loved them. They made me unique. They made me different.

I sensed her before she came in.

I quickly changed my eye color to a dark blue color and changed my body image.

Dull brown hair instead of my luscious black colored hair. Pale skin instead of my caramel colored skin. A slimmer body structure instead of my hourglass figure ( which I had worked hard to get) and big doe eyes instead of my cat-like one.

I was definitely not ashamed of my body.

I knew I was beautiful but in order to fit in the human world and get my enemies of my back a little bit, I needed to change my appearance and my name.

The body image I was using belonged to a dead Russian princess I had served in the 1800's.

Yes, I was that old.

"Cassandra!"Mia shouted from downstairs.

Mia Ambrose  was one of my very few human friends. I wouldn't exactly call her a close friend more of like an acquaintance.

I cared for her, but not to the point of death.

After all, I was going to leave her soon enough.

"Cassandra!" She shouted again.

Cassandra wasn't even my real name. It was just a random name I chose to protect myself.

"Cassandra!"she yelled again snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yes! Mia I'm coming" I shouted back even though there was absolutely no need to do that since she barged into my hurriedly.

"Are you done yet?" She asked.

"Yes I'm just brushing my hair a little bit."

"Hurry up then! We don't have all day! I heard this is a new club so there might be a long queue." She said.

I had already heard this speech a lot of times during this week. May had literally texted me 30 minutes ago telling me to get ready.

Like who gets ready in thirty minutes!

"Ok,ok I'm done" I said patting my hair down one last time.

I turned to Mia "How do I look?"

I was wearing a black mini skirt and a black tube top and I had paired them with silver earrings and silver heels. I had also painted my lips red to finish of the bold look.

She gave me a double over and smiled. "You look great! Even though I would have preferred it if you had curled your hair but other than that I wouldn't change anything".

"Ok thanks, I couldn't find my hair curler that's why I left my hair in it's natural straight form but you look great too". I smiled.

The hair curler part was an obvious lie. I just didn't have the time to curl it.

But when I said she looked great I really meant it.

She was wearing a gold sequin mid thigh dress with a v neck that showed of her gifted cleavage. The dress complimented her blue eyes and hair wavy blonde hair. It also made her tanned skin shine.

"Thank you! Now let's get ready to party!" She shouted and I laughed.

**********

   Grimnörr is the supernatural world. This is to help clear any confusion

Vote