Day 4: Magic

Some people think that magic is just the flick of the wrist or the wand

Others think that magic is all about finding and mixing really weird or rare objects like a tiger's tooth or a frog's hair to make some really weird potion.

Then there are those that think that magic is all about saying some random words called a spell and waving your hands around.

Magic is not that simple or complex.

Yes there are witches and warlocks that use any of the above methods but that doesn't really make it magic.

If that was what magic was then anybody could do magic. Just wave your hand around say some stupid words that don't make sense and then BAM!,magic.

What we all need to know is that magic is not for everyone. Most witches are born with magic like the incantors and skin walkers but those who are not born with it and gain their magic through other means like the dark practioners, well they most of the time find it very difficult to control it.

You see, magic is like your slave. If you learn how to control it, it will do your bidding but if you don't learn how to control it, it will control you.

Obviously since magic quite literally doesn't have a mind of its own, it enters inside your mind and controls your thoughts. If you are some one who is bitter and full of hate, the magic will just increase and power that bitterness and hatred.

If you are also a person full of love and joy the magic will then increase and power the positive emotions in you.

So basically magic feeds on our emotions and that's why we have the bad witches and the good witches.

Truth be told, the feeling of magic of your body is wonderful.

It passes through every vein, artery and cell in your body and literally every fiber of your being.

You can practically taste the magic.

That's how I feel right now.

Raising my hands to the sky, I allowed the magic to flow through me.

Although I didn't use a lot of magic it still gave me a high.

Bringing my hands down to face the invitation card lying on my dining table, I allowed the magic to pass through my hands.

An electric-like zap shot from my fingertips and into the card lying on the table.

Then the strangest thing happened.

A big spherical force field surrounded the card and my magic bounced off it.

The scene shocked me so much that I didn't even see the magic coming straight at me.

I mean I kind of expected something like this to happen but I wasn't really sure it would.

Before I knew it I was pushed to the ground with Blake on top of me.