Day 5: Decorous

⚠️SHORT CHAPTER ⚠️
_________________

After we had made a copy of the invitation with a printer - might I add , we decided to lay down a bit before we went shopping for a suitable dress for me.

I had a lot of clothes but I just didn't feel like wearing any of them.

I wasn't someone who goes shopping a lot but when I do... I was the typical shop till you drop.
kind of girl.

It wasn't my fault that the clothes like calling out to me.

"So what's the plan now?" I asked as I moved around to make myself comfortable on the grey lounge couch.

"Plan?"

"Yes, plan. I don't think it would be wise to reveal my true self to the others".

"Oh I thought you would go as yourself"

"You know why I can't do that"

"It will be fine besides, I don't think anyone remembers"

"Yes, nobody remembers how a clan of powerful creatures got wiped out" I rolled my eyes sarcastically.

"Well in my defense nobody knows you and they have also never seen the person who did it"

I grunted. "They might still find out since nobody knows me and they might get suspicious"

"Ok fine...if you don't want to show your true self you can just change some parts of your body"

"Change some parts of my body? How do you mean?"

"I mean instead of going with your black eyes that look like a black hole - I mean seriously! I don't know if I've told you this but sometimes the way you stare at people gives me the creeps like tone it down a bit"

"You're getting sidetracked" I groaned. I knew my eyes scared people but I liked it. It is nice seeing grown men cower in front of you just because of eyes.

"Yeah as I was saying, instead of going with your red eyes why don't you change it to blue? And you could also make your straight to black hair a bit wavy don't you think?"

I thought about and I decided that it was not a bad idea.

I mean it's like getting a makeover or plastic surgery. Just slight changes to the body.

"Now that that's why out of the way let's go shopping"He squealed.

Other than the fact that we had different species all together and we had different features Blake was much like me in every other sense. Serious when he wants to be, a bit goofy, a shopaholic and a nice person.

We decided to take the car because it would be really weird seeing a girl on the back of a car-sized wolf running down the street or seeing two people just
magically appear in the middle of the mall.

The car ride was fun no doubt. With Blake horribly singing to almost all the songs on the radio even though he hadn't heard most of them before and was just guessing the lyrics and I horribly dancing dancing to his horrible singing, people could call us the horrible duo.

We got to the mall and after eons of shopping we finally found a cute little boutique that looked like it had just opened.

We decided to see what they had and if we could find something pretty enough for the party.

Browsing through clothing, I spotted a few dresses which looked nice to me.

Blake also found a few dresses that he liked and gave them to me to try them on.

The first dress I picked was a cornflower blue knee length dress with long sleeves and a cut out back.

It was cute but it was way too plain and simple for me.

The second dress was worse than the first. With huge puffed out sleeves and a lime green color, it was more disturbing than Pennywise eating a child.

I tried on so many dresses with numerous shouts of disapproval from Blake until I found the one.

Once I looked at it in the mirror I knew I was not going to part with this dress anytime soon.

____________

Okay I know it's been a while but that's what is supposed to be expected from an author who's book has "Slow Updates" written on the cover 😂

This was originally supposed to be a double update but I accidentally deleted the other chapter and now I have to rewrite it and I'm tired please forgive me😅

Vote