Chapter 11: 'Father & Son' Day!

"Hey, Underoos," Tony grinned as Peter
entered the compound. Peter had gone on vacation with Aunt May, so he wasn't there the past week.

"Hi, Mr. Stark!" Peter went to join him in the kitchen.

"You know you can just call me 'Tony', right?" Tony laughed.

"Old habits die hard," Peter shrugged.

"Anywho," Tony moved on. "I was wondering if you want to do something today. Like not in the lab, just something lowkey?"

"Yeah!" Peter's eyes lit up. "That'd be so cool!"

"Cool, come on, let's go then," Tony motioned him to follow him to the garage, where several cars were parked.

"What the heck?" Peter's eyes bugged out. "Why so many? What the-"

"I built most of them," Tony shrugged. "Some were bought, an that black one is Nat's specifically, but anyone can use any of the others".

"Wow," Peter responded in amazement. "Why does Nat get her own?"

"Because a) it was a gift for helping me with something, and b) she might kill you if you use it," Tony sighed.

"But, why?"

"She's a piece of shi-" Tony began.

"Language!" a new voice called out from behind, both guys turning around.

"Oh, shit you are so dead," Peter couldn't help but laugh.

"Damn right Peter," Natasha grinned. "And that 'something' I helped him with was lying to Fury about an explosion HE caused at SHIELD".

"Wow, real smooth, Mr. Stark!" Peter snickered.

"Y'know what, Rushie," Tony looked at Natasha, who was smirking. "Nevermind. Good day".

The guys then got into Tony's Iron Man-themed car and drove off.

"So, anything exciting with you?" Tony asked after putting the car on self-drive. "Anything coming up?"

"Uh," Peter scratched his neck. "I'm SUPPOSED to take the driver's test in August, and-"

"Hold up," Tony interrupted. "That's in a month!"

"Yeah?" Peter kinda shrugged it off.

"Well, don't you need practice? I can help, like right now!" Tony offered.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Peter stopped him. "First off, how are you gonna help me learn, and second, not in this fancy car!"

"Eh, it won't take long to fix," Tony waved his hand. "But that's not even gonna be a concern. I'm a great teacher AND driver!"

"You literally have the car on self-drive," Peter pointed out.

"You have got to stop hanging out with Rhodey, Pep, Nat, and Hap," Tony chuckled.

"But I'm just stating a fac-"

"Whatever," Tony interrupted but smiled as the car turned into an empty parking lot. "Get out, we're switching spots".

Peter sighed but did as he was told. He reluctantly unbuckled his seatbelt and walked around the front of the car and sat in the driver seat while Tony ride shotgun.

"Okay, so," Tony instructed. "Put your foot on the brake and put the car in reverse".

Peter sighed but did as he was told.

"Now, pull out and go into the street," Tony continued.

"Mr. Stark, I've never really driven outside of parking lots with Aunt May and I don't think I should in this fancy car," Peter rambled.

"Well, no better lesson than an experience itself," Tony shrugged.

"Except for when it can kill us both!" Peter protested.

"Kid, you'll be fine," Tony reassured. "You're gonna do great".

Peter sighed but slowly backed the car out of the parking space and then went to where the parking lot met the street. He looked both ways until there were no cars coming and very slowly turned into the street.

"Now, get into the right turn lane," Tony directed.

Peter rather aggressively turned the wheel to the right, causing both Peter and Tony to jolt in their seats.

"Kid, what the hell?" Tony asked.

"Well, I SAID that I hadn't really driven before!" Peter defended himself.

"Whatever," Tony mumbled as they approached a stoplight, where the light was red. Peter hit the break to hard, causing them to stop rather abruptly.

When the light turned green again, Peter hit the gas too hard causing them to go way faster than planned.

"Gee whiz," Tony muttered. "You have got to be WAY more gentle".

"Wow, thanks for stating the obvious," Peter chuckled a little.

Peter continued driving for a little bit and was not doing too hot. He was still trying to work on being less aggressive with the pedals and while turning. Tony was trying his best to help but was stressing Peter out even more. He also wouldn't let Peter turn self-drive back on. However, that wasn't the worst of it. First off, he abruptly stopped for a squirrel in the streets, causing the cars behind him to almost rear-end each other. Additionally, he swerved in and out of lanes, causing the other drivers and Tony to scream and panic.

"OH MY GOD, WE"RE GONNA DIE," Tony yelled dramatically.

"WOW, SO HELPFUL," Peter yelled back as he tried to refocus. "Friday, self-drive!"

Friday then turned self-drive back on, straightening out the car and allowing both Peter and Tony to breathe.

"Kid, you got a lot of work to do," Tony let out a breath.

"yOU tHiNK?" Peter looked at him with a 'you are literally insane' look. "Anyway, now where are we going?"

"I'm getting kinda hungry, wanna get some food?" Tony offered.

"Yeah!" Peter exclaimed.

They then decided to get Italian food, because they were both craving pasta. Friday drove them to the top-rated Italian restaurant in the area. There, Tony ordered lasagna and Peter ordered spaghetti and meatballs. They also decided to order Tiramisu as a dessert.

Meanwhile, the media was having a field day. Paparazzi secretly took pictures of the duo eating and posted it online. They also caught them in the parking lot when Peter was driving. The hashtag, #IronSon? was trending for the entire day.

"So, where to now?" Peter asked as they exited the restaurant.

"Hm," Tony thought out loud. "We could go to the New York Hall of Science!"

"Oh my god," Peter's jaw dropped. "Yes, please! I've been wanting to go for so long and-"

Tony smiled as Peter continued rambling. They both got back into the car, and Friday then drove them to the museum. They toured the museum for a while, both in awe of the different exhibits that were there and enjoyed reading all the information. Once they were done, Peter was dropped back off at home and Tony went back to the compound. They were both really happy with how the day went. It was nice to finally have a relaxed today together where they weren't working. Sure, the media kinda ruined it a bit, but if you asked Peter, he'd say it was a great day with his forever best mentor. Well, one of several bests.

THANKS FOR 2.3K!