Chapter 3

Sorry, this first part has horrible writing, but it gets better. I think.

Also, I do not own Frostudio Chambersonic, but love it! It's truly amazing!

Btw, HTTYD was my top series before tangled the series too!

◇◇◇◇◇◇

"Heather!" Astrid waved. "What's the news?"

"Viggo suspects that Ryker and Dagger are the traitors. I see why Ryker would be an obvious choice, but that's not the point. The point is that he and I are going alone to catch the Flightmare."

"Why would Viggo want the Flightmare?" Hiccup inquired.

"You're kinda missing the point here," Heather frowned.

Astrid smiled. "He does that from time to time."

"Huh? What?"

Heather chuckled and pulled out a map. "The point is it will only be me and Viggo... and a possible addition of his son-" she mumbles the last part.

"His what?" Hiccup held up his hands. "Viggo's what?"

Heather sighed. "Viggo has a son named Varian. So far he hasn't actually proven to be a threat. He's a nice kid and I don't want any harm to come to him. He's a good kid, but he's also a genius. Inventing something like your firesword, Hiccup, would be a day's work. Seriously, I've never known anyone with brains like him. Viggo is good at strategies, but it's Varian who's got science."

"I guess I never thought about dragon hunters having kids. If Viggo is anything like Ryker, I can't see him being a dad..."

"Viggo isn't like Ryker. That's why we have to be careful. He's not so easily fooled or outsmarted. Also it's Ryker who I'm worried that would actually cause Varian harm. Viggo hasn't done anything against Varian so far, but Ryker..." Heather sighed.

"I really wasn't anticipating Viggo having a kid, but I suppose it won't change anything..."

"It does. Here's the map I've charted for the Flightmare. Use it and you can ambush us to stop Viggo, but as I said, I don't want to hurt Varian. We have to be careful now that we'll have an innocent kid on the boat."

"I promise, we won't let any harm come to him," Hiccup nodded.

"Thank you."

~~~~~~~~~~

Varian ignored the scratching of his pen against his paper. He was too busy writing down his theory to even mind. He didn't even notice the flap of the tent was opened and a figure came in uninvited. It wasn't until Varian noticed the silhouette of the shadow looming over him when he stopped mid sentence. He tightened his jaw, but didn't make a move.

"What?" he said at last.

"Lights out was half an hour ago," Ryker growled.

Varian rolled his eyes and continued scratching down his formula. "If you looked, you'd notice that all the lights are out. Except for the glowing vials, but those go out on their own. I can't help that."

Suddenly, Varian felt the man grab his hair on the top of his head, yanking him back. The boy yelped, dropping his pen and reaching up, trying to swat his uncle away. It came to no avail as Ryker pulled until Varian was standing.

"Let go!" Varian snapped, finally twisting out of the man's grip.

"You're supposed to be in bed instead of fooling around, that's the rule unless you're a night shift or we're under attack!"