(𝟽)

»»——⍟——««

Limehouse Lane

Y/n looks around to see workers and boxes as she clutches her purse, walking into Limehouse Lane. She looks down fiddling with her purse down the dark alley as a man walks by. Y/n looks to her left to see a girl and her mother walking.

"Are we going home now?"

"Yes."

"I'm hungry, Mother."

"I know dear."

Y/n turns around shyly and walks down a cobblestone road; someone watches her from inside a building. As she's walking, Y/n notices a purple ribbon on a doors padlock. She walks towards it, touching the ribbon and remembering her opening the gift her mother gave her with the same ribbon; also the ribbon Eudoria and the others wore at the secret meeting.

A faint smile creeps upon Y/n's face as she opens a window climbing into the dusty warehouse. She looks around her and sees the same dragon on a crate as she saw at the tea room and sees black powder on a table surrounded by pots, touching it carefully and remembering a chemistry lesson her and her mother did.

"Try to be excited, not disappointed, at the possibilities of something new." Eudoria drops bits of solution onto the black powder, pulling Y/n back. An explosion appears and Y/n and Eudoria laugh.

Y/n dabs the same solution onto the powder, having the same reaction as the experiment her and her mother did. She smiles placing the solution bottle down and picks up papers wrapped in purple ribbon. Turning it around, she reads a headline on the paper: Votes for Women, Public Meeting; Make Your Voices Heard. Y/n raises an eyebrow knowingly, then turns to gunpowder placed all around the table, noticing more gunpowder in barrels placed against the walls.

Y/n picks up a pamphlet titled: Protest, Unrest & Civil Disobedience. She opens the paper and sees a picture of a Orsini bomb remembering a headline she saw: The dynamite outrages at the west end of London. The scene of an explosion in Great Scotland Yard, showing the damage done to the officers of the criminal investigation department, the "rising sun" public house, and the two carriages.

"Mycroft was right. You are dangerous." Y/n brushes off a poster on women's suffrage on a crate. She lifts off the crates lid gorping at it's contents.

"And Sherlock was right too. You do have a plan." She looks at Orsini bombs remembering the chemistry experiment with her mother once more.

What are you planning, Mother? Do I want to find you?

"Let's do it again!" Eudoria tells Y/n as they both laugh at the experiment, not knowing what the future holds.

Outside, Y/n walks back the way she came clutching her purse nervously. She turns down limehouse lane when a man grabs the back of her neck, Y/n screaming, and thrusts her head into a barrel of water; holding her down. It's the man in the bowler cap. He takes her head out of the water as Y/n gasps for air.

"I will ask you this only once. Where is the Marquess?"

"Now who might that be?" Y/n asks the man as he shoves her into the barrel of water once more, pulling her up after 2 seconds.

"We went our separate ways!"

Y/n goes under water again and again. "I've not seen him. I have nothing to do with him." She looks at the man.

"That's a shame. Well, you've seen my face now." The man in the bowler hat starts to put his hands around Y/n's neck.

"No, your face is totally unmemorable!" Y/n yells out as the man thrusts her into the water holding her down. Y/n screams underwater as bubbles come out of her mouth. Her hands grasp the barrels edges, underwater, her face calms and her grip against the wood weakens, her body going slack. The man releases her as her head floats in the water.

Then, she grins, smiles, and throws her head back, headbutting the man in his face and flees. He touches his bleeding nose and grabs his walking stick looking around for Y/n heading away from her. Y/n peeks out for the man behind a barrel then looks back.

I'm not sure I ever described how a typical day's education worked with my mother. We'd start with history. She always said...

"Historical perspective is the only way to begin a day." Eudoria hands Y/n a book.

Then we'd Lunch and I'd work on my physics.

Y/n puts a strand of her hair back with a bobby pin.

Then after Lunch, I'd focus on fitness...

"Got you!" Eudoria grabs the back of Y/n's dress.

...Followed by fight combat.

"Hands up! Hands up! Up!" Eudoria throws a punch at Y/n and Y/n dodges it.

The man grabs Y/n. In the alley, she elbows the man then flips him over her shoulders. "Nice hat." Y/n smirks at the man, rolling away, then sprints down the road. He catches her ankle with a stick and Y/n falls on her chin.

"Up again! Come on!"

She gets up dodging the man's stick. She remembers fighting with her mother and follows her steps. Y/n knocks his stick from his hand then has a flashback of Eudoria throwing her against a tree as Y/n gets thrown on a wall, falling to the floor.

Y/n slowly gets up coughing and stares at the man heading towards her slowly. She remembers her mother doing a fighting stance; Y/n copies her. She waves the man towards her with a wink, kicking him in the face. He blocks her second kick and throws her on the ground. She groans, coughing and attempts the corkscrew on the man but fails, ending up being thrown on a door falling inside the warehouse.

The man in the bowler hat looks at Y/n and closes the door behind him drawing a knife he stored in his ankle. He lifts the blade heading towards Y/n. She gets up resuming her fighting stance weakly. The man takes a swing at her with his knife, Y/n blocking it twice. He then lunges at her stomach and stabs her.

Y/n looks down at her stomach wide eyed and shaking. The man withdraws his knife from her corset which stopped the knife. She touches her corsets damaged material chuckling at the man. "I knew this would have a truer use."

"No more surprises." The man holds up his knife walking towards Y/n.

"No. No." Y/n shakes her head. A second later, she grabs the explosive solution and throws it on the black power scattered across the table. It sets off an explosion on the man and she runs out of warehouse and out of limehouse lane dodging the explosives. A man sitting on the ground looks at the explosion in confusion.

»»——⍟——««

Y/n's Lodging House

Y/n lays her corset on her lap as she sits in front of a fireplace; her knees bloody and scraped.

When I was child, I cut my knee open trying to save a sheep from a cliff edge. I almost died, in truth. Mother was angry. Very angry.

"It is good to care for the venerable, but not if it means risking your life. Sometimes you have to let nature...take its course. Do you hear me?" Eudoria tends to Y/n's knee.

The truth is, I did not ask for Viscount Tewkesbury, Marquess of Basilwether in my life. I did not want the Viscount Tewkesbury, Marquess of Basilwether in my life. So why do i feel responsibility for the Viscount Tewkesbury, Marquess of Basilwether? Because...there are those that want to hurt him...and he has not the strength to stop them...and I do have that strength. She would have me leave him, Mother. He is foolish, and proud, and utterly ridiculous. But he's on the edge of a cliff.

Mother, you will have to wait.

f̶i̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶

Ⓢⓐⓥⓘⓝⓖ Ⓣⓔⓦⓚⓢⓑⓤⓡⓨ

Word count: 1354