(𝟷𝟶)

In the corridor, Viscount follows her as she walks to another room.

"So you genuinely believe that my life's in danger? Uh, from whom?"

Y/n fills a jug with water. "Your past and your future."

"Whatever does that mean?"

"Your family. They didn't send a detective to find you. They could have, and they didn't. Instead, they sent a murderer." Y/n says walking up to Tewkesbury.

"Why would anyone want me dead?"

"Countless reasons." She looks at Viscount then walks into the Kitchen, Tewkesbury looking back at her. "Your personality, your ridiculous hair, your silly smile, or possibly your land, your estate, your title, your seat. Same reasons they wanted your father dead. Greed does funny things to people, Tewkesbury."

"So now you're saying you think they killed my father?"

"I don't think. I know."

"No. No, none of this makes the slightest sense. My father's death was caused by a botched burglary, and--and it would have been easier to kill me before I ran away, rather than now--"

Someone's hand clutches the kitchen door and slowly starts to shut it closed as Y/n and Viscount talk. The kettle starts to set off.

"I entirely agree. I think they tried to. I found the branch that almost killed you. It had been cut."

"Cut?"

Noticing Lestrade in the corner, Y/n wacks him in the face with the kettle as Tewkesbury knocks him down and flees with Y/n. "Come on!"

"Come back here!" Lestrade yells trying to run after them.

"Who's he?!" Viscount asks while running.

The shopkeeper from the dress shop runs into the room with another lady. "Didn't you get her, Inspector?" 

"Shut up, you!" Lestrade runs up the stairs.

Tewkesbury and Y/n make it to the room, shutting it closed.

"Move the chest! Move the chest!" Y/n tells Viscount.

"Where are they?! Open up, Miss Posy, or should I say Miss Holmes!?" Lestrade bangs on the door as the chest blocks the door, Y/n and Tewkesbury pushing it towards the door.

"Inspector Lestrade, I need to report an attempted murder. You're supposed to be on our side!" Y/n yells on the other side of the door as Lestrade bangs on it.

"Help me get in through this door!" Lestrade tells the shopkeeper.

"Well, I'll help you when I get my money, my finders fee."

"You'll get your money when we catch her. Come on!"

"See that window over there? It leads onto a roof. I need you to climb out and take off into nowhere." Y/n tells Viscount looking at the window.

"And leave you?" Tewkesbury looks at Y/n.

"I need to hold this door!"

"But you need to get away too!"

"If he catches you, your life will be in danger. If he catches me, it's simply a life I do not want. Now go!"

"I don't want to leave you, Y/n."

The door bangs against the chest as they both struggle to hold it in place. "Go! Go!" Tewkesbury obeys and climbs out the window. Y/n looks at him then the door, struggling to keep it shut. When she looks back, Viscount is gone.