2

Thursday and Friday had passed quickly, meaning two more beatings for Adrian. He and Jackson had ended up having every class except one together, just more torture for the raven. The world seemed to want him to suffer, he supposed. 

Now, in music sitting next to the blue-eyed-teen, he sighed and leaned back in the chair. He knew Jackson was waiting for instructions on what they were doing after school. He just really didn't want him to come over. 

He wasn't embarrassed, or maybe he was. He really didn't know. Part of him knew the house being a mess wasn't his fault, and the other part of him - the little - just wanted to please everyone. 

Oh well. "Today, just stay at the door. You can walk to my house with me, it's not that far. Got it?" Jackson nodded, though curious as to why the other walked in the cold weather with such low attire. 

All Adrian was dressed in was his famous black beanie, a black thin hoodie that had a hole in every other spot, and black ripped skinny's. He didn't question, however, and he stayed silent through the rest of the period. 

The end of the day rolled around, Jackson making his way back to the music room to meet Adrian. When getting there, he was met with an annoyed raven with an irritated expression. When seeing Jackson, Adrian stood up from where he had been leaning against the doorway, stating casually, "Took you long enough. I'm going to my locker, you coming or what?" 

Jackson nodded quickly, albeit silently as the two started to walk together - if you can call walking silently three feet away from each other together - until reaching Adrian's locker. The latter grabbed a book, not sparing a glance to the blond behind him and making his way to the exit. 

As the exit doors opened with a shove from Adrian, the harsh cold coated the two teen's skins, as if they were tiny icicles embedding themselves into every pore to make a shield of armor. Every other moment or so, being very sneaky, Jackson would glance up at the boy beside him. 

It was silent, the interruption feeling almost foreign in stark contrast to zero audio. "Why are you limping?" Jackson's voice was concerned and questioning, partially confusing the raven teen and soon the latter decided it must be fake. 

He rolled his eyes, a tell-tale sign of annoyance with him. "You don't need to know that. By the way, the house is coming up. Just follow me and don't bother to comment on anything. I mean anything. I'm aware I'm not the richest. Well aware." 

The older of the two wondered why Adrian didn't say home, or even 'my home'. He pondered the rest of the teens words and what they meant in silence. 

After a long walk that Adrian was used to and Jackson wasn't, they finally reached a small house that made the latter grimace. The house was falling apart and small, very small. The porch steps looked like they would break with an ounce of weight placed on them and the front windows were chipped in the corners.

That was just at first glance. 

Adrian, who was unphased, walked into the house a without moment's hesitation. So no lock either. Jackson followed only to be shocked by the sight of the inside, there were beer bottles strewed out over the floor and table,  and barely any furniture. 

The aroma was musty and smelled of alcohol and ciggies, but again, the younger one didn't spare a glance. "Sorry, I cleaned up this morning before I left, he must have come back sometime after," He mumbled softly. 

Adrian made his way to presumably his room as Jackson followed suit. They made it there with a few strides, and once they were both in the room, Adrian shut the door softly as if he was scared to shut it loudly; he turned around to meet the other teen's eyes.