Chapter Twenty Nine - The Hunt

Yoongi placed Jungkook down, holding him as the boy found his footing, “Stay in the shadows, no direct sunlight.” He warned him, “If I see even a small burn we are going right back home.” Yoongi warned him.

“I know, I’ll stay in the shadows.” Jungkook promised, he was just happy to feel the wind in his hair. The day was pretty overcast, as expected when it was November, so he didn’t think it would really be all that hard to do, how much sun could there even be on an overcast day.

“You ready baby bun?” Hoseok said with a smile as he wrapped his arms around Jungkook’s waist and held him close, pressing a gentle kiss to Jungkook’s neck. He laughed lightly as the boy shook a little in his arms at the kiss and he saw the boy’s face turning a little red, it was so easy to get their littlest flustered.

“Y-Yeah, I’m ready.” Jungkook said with a smile, he wasn’t really thinking about the fact he was about to hunt down an animal and kill them, he was purely thinking about the running and the running alone, he was very nervous about taking the life of an innocent creature.

“Yoongi-Hyung, there’s some gorals just a little bit away from here, maybe they would be the best for Kooki’s first hunt.” Jimin called from up a tree, he had gone ahead of them to look for an animal that would be easy-ish for Jungkook to hunt. A goral, better known as the Korean goral, was a breed of goat that lived only in Korea. They had short legs so they weren’t as fast as a deer or elk and they weren’t small like a rabbit which would be hard to keep track of due to their small height and strong legs.

“Yeah, good idea.” Yoongi said, “Where are they exactly?” He asked Jimin with a smile as he looked up at the boy.

“Just a little bit East of here, they’re in the shade grazing at the minute but I can make them head this way instead of towards the lighter area if you think it would make it easier.” Jimin said, knowing that if they could get them heading towards the shade instead of the  lighter area they would be able to give Jungkook more time to learn how to hunt from them before they were too close to a less shaded area for them to let Jungkook any closer.

“Yeah, Kookie, go with Jimin and watch what he does, stay close to him. Me and Hoseok are going to make sure they don’t go North or South.” Yoongi said as he signaled for Jimin to come down. “Don’t worry about this, you’ll do amazing.” Yoongi said before he disappeared in a North East direction so he could be North of the goats.

“You’ve got this baby.” Hoseok said, giving Jungkook’s waist a small squeeze before letting go of Jungkook and disappearing South East.

“Don’t worry, I’ll help you, it’ll be fine, if you do this how I say the goat won’t even feel a thing.” Jimin said, having a feeling that Jungkook would feel bad about the fact that he would be taking the life of an animal that wasn’t doing anything wrong. “Follow me.” Jimin said as he took off, running using his vampire speed to where he had seen the goats from earlier.

Jungkook was very quick to follow him, only being a little bit slower than Jimin was. He loved the feeling of the wind blowing through his hair and just the freedom that running brought him, it felt amazing and he wanted more opportunities to just get out the house and run around, free and happy.

“Up here.” Jimin said before he started to climb up one of the trees, making sure Jungkook was following. They only went to a low branch as Jimin didn’t want Jungkook in the light. “Which one would you go for if you were hunting?” Jimin asked, wanting to see what Jungkook would go for and test to see if he knew anything about it yet. He knew Jungkook and Namjoon talked a lot about what being a vampire meant and things like their gifts or how to stay safe but he wasn’t sure what Jungkook did and didn’t know yet.