First Impressions

Just thought this might be a little helpful to those reading, the pronunciations of the name or pronounce them however you like it doesn't really matter:

Aodh- Ayhd

Fionn- Fian

Caitir- Kah-tcheer

Maon- Moon

~*~*~

She woke up to find herself in a strange room.

Let down that by the time she opened her eyes it would have all been a terribly realistic nightmare.

But every time she opened her lids, she was disappointed.

Disappointed that she would never wake up in a familiar place.

Her head felt heavy as she tried to get up.

"Easy there, lass it looks like you've taken a good beating or two," spoke the voice of an older lady in Gaelic.

She turned her head and realized that the one who had spoken was sitting next to her.

She did not understand a word but the tone of her voice soothed her mind.

"Where am I?" Leora asked in English.

The lady's calming relaxed face changed quickly to a baffled expression.

"I'm sorry I do not speak Gaelic," she said with a pout.

The woman got up from her chair and called out down the hallway.

Soon several men filled the room and she felt awkward and bare before them.

Realizing that she was wearing different clothes than her own, embarrassment had caused her face to blush knowing that someone had looked at her naked body and changed her into what seemed to be a white cotton night gown. Noticing not only the gown but her body was clean and her hair was washed and brushed and plaited neatly.

Still, she pulled the covers over her chest to maintain some sort of dignity, which she thought was pointless now, since they had rescued her limp body and someone-hoping it was the elderly lady- had seen her naked body.

"She speaks," the lady had said to the group of men in Gaelic, "in English."

The woman had made her way to the back of the room as three older men began to walk closer to her bed.

"How are you feeling, lass?" a large man with light brown hair, MacAlister, asked in English.

"I'm feeling better now, thank you," she replied quietly, shying back into the pillows as she looked into his deep brown eyes.

These men were mighty tall.

Had the MacLachlans been this tall?

They probably were but her mind had much more worrying concerns when she was in their presence to notice.

After a staring standoff and a long pause Leora interjected.

"How long have I been asleep?" she asked.

"Well, it was a few hours after sunrise when we brought you back and 'tis almost evening now," MacAlister said.

That long?

She must've really knocked out.

Her stomach gave a loud grumble, darn she was so hungry.

The lady said something and left the room, embarrassed by her body's actions, Leora blushed.