The New Kid

It was September 1st, 2015. An autumn fog hung in the air over a forest as animals slowly woke up to a new morning. Cutting through the middle of the forest was a long, winding road, lined with maple trees.

On this street was one, lone limo. It moved quickly for its size, turning around bends with ease. In the limo sat a young fair skinned boy. He wore navy blue slacks and a blazer. Under the blazer was a white button up shirt, with a loose silver and navy blue striped tie looped around his neck. The silver insignia that was embroidered to his upper right pocket was half blocked from view as he leaned an elbow against the window sill of his limo. He had short blonde hair, with bangs that brushed the top of his eyebrows. His brown eyes gazed out the window as he watched the maple trees pass by.

"Sir, we are almost there." The driver announced from his seat.

The boy's face brightened and he straightened up. He would be glad to finally get out of this car. It meant that his overprotective mother would no longer be able to change his mind. She had finally agreed to let him go to one of the most prestigious schools in all of Fiore.

It had been his dream ever since sixth grade, when he learned that it was the alma mater of his parents. His mother had mistakenly told him that his father had also planned to send him there as well. Since then he had focused on his studies and extracurriculars, to ensure his admittance into the school. He had taken all the admittance tests in secret, knowing she would never be able to refuse if he passed them.

Before he had the chance to tell her, she found the letters of admittance from school. He grimaced, closing his eyes as he remembered his mother's frantic pleas. Eventually, she calmed down and then gave him permission. Then forbade him. Then gave him permission. Then forbade him. On and off all throughout summer, until this morning. Everytime she changed her mind he sighed, half exasperated, half affectionate. He knew his mother would let him go, she loved him and had loved his father.

Lost in thought he didn't notice the driver slow down, as they reached tall black iron gates decorated with a large silver insignia. He blinked in realization as the maple trees were broken by hedges, and suddenly, before his eyes was a beautiful sprawling campus. His brown eyes sparked with excitement as they came to a stop. He stepped out his limo, straightening up fully, the silver insignia coming into full view, with the school's name written underneath in delicate cursive: Fairy Tail.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The academy's high school was in the center of campus. It was a large building, with three wings surrounding a large courtyard. The center wing held all classes and professors' offices. The left wing held the underclassmen dormitories, while the right wing held the upperclassmen dormitories.

In one room of the left wing, a tanned young girl sighed as she tied her navy blue and silver striped tie for the academy's uniform. She smoothed the navy blue and silver plaid skirt as she looked at herself in the full length mirror. She was wearing silver knee high boots, with a navy blue blazer. She frowned as she brushed through her soft pink waves that reached just below her shoulder blades. As she set a wide black and white checkered headband on her hair, right on the line between her side bangs and the rest of her hair, she sighed again. From across the room, another tanned young girl wearing the same outfit shot her a glance.

"What's wrong?" She asked, focusing on applying mascara to her long lashes that framed her sparkling blue eyes. She had long, straight white hair that reached the middle of her back. Silver earrings dangled from her ears. Her academy uniform hugged her curves, complimenting her slim figure perfectly. Despite her young age, everything about her screamed 'woman'.