Homecoming Plans

The next day, Eric called an official meeting for S-Class students. Lucas walked into the council room to see most of the group already there. Eric was sitting, eating a Fantasia cake from yesterday, the rest of the boxes stacked behind him. Lexi had her eyes closed, with earbuds plugged in. Grace and Nessa were arguing as Cyrus cheered them on and Jackson tried to get Grace's attention. Gia looked like she wanted to get in on the fight, and Junelle watched from the corner with a detached expression. Mason was sitting next to Eric, smiling at the chaos.

"Oh, hey Lucas!" Nessa called out. Lucas nodded as he shoved his hands in his pockets, unsure of what to do.

"Come on, let's sit down." Grace motioned Lucas over, patting the chair next to her. Lucas sat down and Nessa quickly took the seat next to him. Lucas shivered.

Why do I feel like... someone wants to kill me? Lucas wondered. He looked up to find Jackson glaring at him, surrounded by a dark aura. Lucas blinked in fear, but before either boy could say anything, Eric cleared his throat.

"Now that we're all here, let's get the meeting started." He said, cleaning his mouth with a cloth.

"What's this meeting for?" Nessa asked, already bored, leaning on the desk in front of her.

"Homecoming." Eric said simply. "Mason?" He looked over at the white haired boy next to him.

"Right! Homecoming is in three weeks! As you know we have to get the location, approve of press companies, catering, decorations and so on. First things first, what should our theme be?" Mason asked, looking down at the notebook in front him.

"Under the sea." Jackson said immediately.

"We should save that for the summer luau." Lexi countered.

"Wine tasting!" Cyrus said, taking a swig from his flask.

"Dragons!" Nessa exclaimed.

"That's a stupid theme." Grace snorted in contempt.

"Iron." Gia suggested.

"That's even worse!" Nessa complained. Eric started to look irritated.

"Starry Night?" Lucas suggested quietly. Everyone stopped and looked at him. The brief silence was broken by Junelle.

"I like that one too." She said quietly. Mason looked around and when no one objected he smiled sweetly.

"Starry Night it is!" He exclaimed, quickly jotting the idea down. "Now let's talk about decorations."

"Twinkle lights?" Jackson suggested. Mason nodded as he wrote it down.

"Blue and silver streamers." Lexi added.

"We could arrange the twinkle lights into constellations." Junelle said quietly. Mason nodded, furiously jotting the notes down.

"Maybe we could have a photo booth?" Nessa asked.

"Nah, the paparazzi will take care of it for us." Grace countered.

"I think a photobooth is a fun idea." Eric commented, eating yet another cake. Lucas noted with surprise that there were already five empty cake boxes.

"I think so too." Mason agreed. "Ok! Grace, Nessa. I'll leave the food to you." The girls groaned, but Mason ignored them. "Eric and I will take care of the press companies with Headmaster Vermillion. Lexi, Jackson, Cyrus can you guys take care of the twinkle lights and get all the other decorations? We'll decorate everything together. Lucas, Gia, Junelle. Can you guys design some flyers?" Mason listed everything quickly and looked around the room with an arched eyebrow. Everyone nodded in agreement, as Grace and Nessa shot glares at each other.