The S-Class Students

Lucas was walking between Mason and Eric, his head swirling from the fact that he met two Fairy Tail's most famous wizards immediately. Eric was chatting about how he would teach him how to fight and his ability with physical activities didn't matter.

"With me teaching you, you'll learn in no time." Eric said.

"You'll probably make him cry." Mason teased with a wink.

"I will not. Right...? Oh." Eric paused and looked at him. "What's your name?"

"Oh... My name's Lucas." He responded, flustered by the sudden question. Eric pondered for a second before nodding in approval.

"That's a fine name."

"Uh, thank you..?"

They had come to a stop in front of an open door. Inside was a professor standing behind a podium in front of a long white board. He was light skinned, with green hair that was styled to spike up. He wore brown slacks. On top he had a black shirt paired with a red vest. He wore black cowboy boots, and a red cowboy hat hung on his back.

"You better have a good reason for interrupting my class Eric." He said, his purple eyes flashing.

"I'm here too, professor!" Mason called cheerfully, undeterred by the professor's anger. He seemed to suppress a smile as he arched an eyebrow.

"Well?" He said, looking at Eric.

"There's a new student, Professor. Headmaster Vermillion requested that we bring him to your class." Eric responded politely. The professor smiled.

"Ah yes, I was wondering when you'd show up. Come in." He said. Lucas gulped as he walked forward.

"My name is Professor Blake Moulin." The professor introduced himself.

Blake Moulin, married to Allison Connell. Two of the top gun experts in the world. Their company M&C made the best quality guns for hunting. They knew everything, from animal tracks and patterns to the weight of every type of gun. Blake Moulin had gotten hired as an English professor from his exceptional talent at writing papers on the safe use of guns. He had spoken at many conventions, persuading people everywhere that guns weren't that bad if regulated properly. His wife Allison Connell was more shy than he was. She became a history professor by showing exceptional memory. She memorized all of history, purely from learning about the weapons that were used and developed. They were definitely a strange pair to hire in the school, but no one could deny that they had special skills like every other person in the academy.

"Well? Don't just stand there. Come and introduce yourself!" Professor Moulin demanded. He waved Mason and Eric off. Lucas swallowed hard before stepping in front of the class.

"Uh.. Hi, my name is Lucas. I'm going to be a freshman this year. I've been homeschooled until now, so I'm looking forward to this new experience." Lucas said, feeling himself turn red. He had never stood in front of this many strangers before.

"Alright. Lucas you can sit next to, hm, yes go ahead and sit next to Louis." The professor pointed to a small young boy. He had shoulder length blue hair that he tied up with an orange bandana, leaving his bangs to frame his face. His pale skin contrasted with the dark blazer of the academy uniform. His brown eyes went wide, before he gave Lucas a small smile. Lucas smiled back gratefully before sliding into his seat.

"As I was saying before Lucas came in, this year each of you will be preparing a personal research paper. It will be twenty pages, but we will have assignments building up to it so no need to worry."

Lucas frantically scribbled notes into his journal as he tried to catch everything Professor Moulin said. He was filled with a fiery determination to prove himself. To prove to his mother that he could live on his own, and to prove to everyone else that he didn't buy his way in with his name. At the thought, he frowned slightly, before pushing it firmly out of his mind to focus on the lecture.