Omg what now

ERINS POV

After my ten minutes of sleep I'm women by the sound of Michelle rushing up the stairs with Clare and Orla... but no James.
"Where was he?" I thought "had I scared him off? Did i do something wrong? No but he kissed me back so obviously its something else... maybe its the fact that i called him mate?"
But my train of though is cut off by the sound of a fourth set of footsteps coming up to my room, it's James. I let out a sigh of relief and confusion as he seems to be deflecting any sort of eye contact with me and is looking out my window.
"Where the f*ck were you last night then!?" Michelle asked.
"Im only just in"
"Oooh someone had a busy night" michelle said while winking
"Not really I stayed to help clear up after the dance and then walked home with James-" but my sentence was cut off by James looking at me with wide eyes
"Dickwad! Why'd you not tell me you walked home last night"
"Because you never gave me the chance Michelle!" James said
Me and James looked at each other.
"Wait whats wrong did something happen between you two? Do you fall out or something because i swear if you two have fell out and i have to choose which one to be friends with Im actually gonna-" Clare basically screamed.
"No Clare! Nothing happened"
"Wait but you said in your diary you kissed?" Orla said while eating a bag of tayto crisps.
"Orla!!!" I screamed.
"You told her!" James said
"You two kissed!!" Michelle exclaimed
"Oh great this is just great" Clare said
"No, no and would you calm down Clare you're doing my head in!" I answered their questions with

"Oh great how am i gonna play this one off and what do I say to James?" I think

*silence*

"James... could i speak to you kutisde for a minute?" I say as i drag him out the door.
"Oh yeah go make out outside" clare squeaked.
"Seriously Clare would you calm the f*ck down?!?''

*outside Erins room*
"Okay so what do we say now?" I ask in a hurry but staying quiet so they don't hear me from inside the room.
"Well I don't know what do you think MATE?" James said in a tone
"Okay I'm not having this argument now do you wanna own up to kissing or deny it!"
"I mean we may as well admit to it now 'cause Orlas told everyone anyways"
"Fine"
I pull James back into my room.

*inside Erins room*
"Can someone tell me what the flying f*ck is happening!!"