Chapter Fifteen

Please read!

Thank you guys for your continued support, never did I imagine I'd be able to gain any sort of fanbase, let alone people like you who leave such lovely comments and well-wishes! That being said, I just wanted to address some messages I've received recently that are far too agressive in asking me to upload. I understand you guys just want to continue with Eden and Eli's budding relationship, but aggressive messages are not going to make me motivated to write.

As I'm sure you're all well-aware, the world has gone to shit. Each region and country has handled the pandemic differently (some a lot better than others... I think we all know who I'm talking about here) but nevertheless it is still a confusing time with a lot of changes and uncertainty. I - like many of you - am a student, I attend a university that has now been moved to online, I'm working after a long period of being laid off, and I don't live with my family. As you can imagine that means I have a lot going on and a lot to deal with, just as I'm sure you all do.

While I know it has been a long time since I have updated (and I plan to get back into it), I just wanted to say that I appreciate those of you who have given me the time to try and figure out my life before figuring out Eden's. I do want to provide you guys with a story that entertains and gives you a respite from your everyday lives and I will do my best to do so.

Stay safe and please for the love of god, follow your government's guidelines, let's all do our part to make the world a better place :)

I love you all,

C

------------------------------------------

The sight of her pale blue eyes fluttering open made Eli's heart soar. It had been a little over a day and he finally felt like he could breathe again. For a wolf covered in silver, she healed faster than he had expected, but he knew it had something to do with the strength of the beast inside her. When she moved as if to sit up, he lunged from his chair.

"Hey, hey lay back down. Your body's been through a large trauma, Doc says you need to take it easy."

Despite his attempt at soothing her, she sat up and gave her body a once over.

"Don't worry Eli, I'm fine. I've been through worse." She gave him a slight smirk.

"How do you expect me not to worry? Especially after telling me you've been through worse than stabbing yourself." He ran his hand through his hair in exasperation, "In case you haven't noticed, we're wolves, silver is deadly."

The laugh that escaped her lips was less than humorous, "Look at me Eli, do I look like silver bothers me?"

"No, no you don't. But that's what worries me, how can you be okay with all of this? How do you not look shaken at all?" Instead of being a comfort, her unmoved demeanor was shaking him. Just how much had she been through if this was what she considered normal?

"Look. I don't expect you to understand, I know this isn't what you expected from a mate and partner but what do you want me to do? Do you want me to curl up into a ball and cry? Oh poor me, life sucks, I just want to be a normal wolf with normal problems! That's not my style and you're going to need to get that through your head. Like it or not, this is my reality and I've come to accept that, I know it's not all sunshine and rainbows but if I let all of this shit get to me than I'd never be able to get on with my life."

He sighed and ran his hand through the strands on top of his head, his hair now resembled a bird's nest, with pieces sticking up every which direction.