One Step at a Time

One Month Later
Lexie was currently three months pregnant and that meant next month was the month they got to know the gender of their baby. Lexie hasn't talked much about the whole incident that happened with that man last month but Mark obviously wasn't going to bring it up if she was trying to forget about it.

"Lex, come on! We are going to be late for our appointment!" Mark shouted from the door of his hotel. It was another day that went by where Mark didn't ask that certain question he wanted to ask.

"Coming!" Lexie made her way out of the bathroom and smiled, "sorry..being pregnant makes me pee more" she said with a giggle before taking his hand and walking out the room. Mark locked up the door and lead her down to his car where he helped her get inside then got in the driver's seat, driving to the hospital.

Once they were in the hospital, Lexie spoke up. "Hi, I had an appointment under Alexandra Grey?" She asked sweetly and the lady typed away. "Oh yes, Dr. Grey. Dr. Field's was waiting for you two, her last patient cancelled on her" the woman said kindly and lead them to a room in the back.

Dr. Fields turned around and smiled, "Lexie Mark..so good to have you back for your monthly appointment. Today, I'm just going to check the baby and your health and just really see where everything is going so far" she explained and Lexie nodded before getting on the bed and leaning back. Already knowing what to do, she pulled her shirt up.

"I'd tell you this is going to be cold but I'm sure you already know that" she laughed and rubbed the cream on Lexie's stomach before scanning around and looking at the screen with a smile. "The baby seems to be growing just fine for three months, a little small but that's okay.." dr. Fields started before she printed a picture of the ultrasound and cleaned of Lexie. "The baby is just a tad bit small, nothing to worry about..it happens a lot but other than that, the baby seems perfectly healthy." Dr. Fields said kindly. "Are there any questions either of you need to ask?"

Mark thought of something he was actually wanting to know for a while now, "uh yes actually, so obviously you know Lexie is a doctor, when will she have to take a break again so she isn't overworking herself or the baby?" Mark asked curiously.

"Usually with mother's working, I'd tell them to stop around 6 months but because of Lexie here being a resident, that can cause a lot of stress to the baby so I'd suggest taking a break at your five month" Dr. Fields said before nodding at the two.

Mark and Lexie both nodded before Lexie stood up, "same time next month?" Lexie asked and Dr. Fields nodded, "yep! And we will be able to determine the gender" she said happily and Lexie couldn't help but to feel excitement run through her body. "Can't wait!" Lexie said while squeezing Mark's hand. After they got the picture, they both walked out and made their separate ways to their locker rooms to change into their scrubs.

A few hours later
Lexie was writing down some treatments her and Derek could try giving this patient they were walking on when she felt someone's hands on her shoulder and she instantly knew who it was when they kissed her head. "Hello Dr. Sloan, I don't think that's appropriate" she smirked

The older male just shrugged before handing her a coffee and leaning against the counter, taking a sip of his own. "I've been wanting to ask you a question" Mark said and Lexie just looked up from her chart and smiled, setting her coffee down "what's up?"

"Well with the baby coming and we are going pretty strong..I just figured maybe we could start looking around for a house, ya know? We could decorate the nursery once we know the gender and we can have a housewarming party. Have a nice yard for our baby to grow up in" Mark said nervously. Mark rarely ever got nervous.

"I mean, I've practically been living at your hotel room anyways and..we are definitely going to need room for the baby. Plus, I love you so why the heck not?" She asked with a laugh and Mark's eyes widened "we are moving in together??" Mark asked with excitement.

Lexie let out a giggle before nodding quickly and taking a sip of her coffee, "we're moving in together." She said with another giggle. If someone came up to Lexie 3 months ago and told her she would fall in love with Mark while carrying his child and moving in with him, she would tell them to seek the closest kind of help they could get.

"I think little peanut would love for all of us to be a nice little family anyways' Lexie smirked and rubbed her baby bump. A couple of weeks ago, Mark and Lexie decided that until they knew the gender, they would stick with calling the baby peanut.

"Oh my God! Can we get a puppy??? It'll be the best thing ever!" Lexie said excitedly, not caring about the stares she was getting

Mark scratched the back of his head and laughed before wrapping an arm around Lexie and walking off to lunch, "one step at a time, little Grey. One step at a time."