Gender Reveal

One Month Later
Lexie was currently four months pregnant and today was the day of the big appointment, the appointment that would let her and Mark know if they'd be having a beautiful baby girl or a handsome baby boy and Lexie couldn't be more anxious and happy at the same time.

"Come on Lex! We don't wanna be late, if we end up missing the appointment and having to take another day off from work to make another appointment, Richard will kill us!" Mark shouted from their crowded space in the hotel. Him and Derek have been packing up the hotel and everyone agreed that they would just move after they know the gender. They already had bought a house and it was really nice and big.

"Oh chill your nuts, I'm almost done!" Lexie shouted from the bathroom as she finished up the last touches of her makeup. She has been getting a little more insecure lately since she's been getting more rounder in the face and even though she knew Mark would never judge her, she still didn't want nurses he's slept with in the past to make comments about her.

Mark raised an eyebrow at the little catch phrase his girlfriend just called him and he couldn't help but to laugh a little. He's so in love with her, it's insane to even think that he thought he'd never be a one woman type man.

Mark was quickly taken out of his thoughts when his beautiful girlfriend came walking out the bathroom in a gray dress. Her bump was finally showing a lot more and he was so excited and he even made it a routine to not only kiss her every night for goodnight but to also kiss their angel.

"It's about time, we gotta be there in 40 minutes" Mark said while grabbing Lexie's purse and then going and grabbing her hand, leaving the hotel room.

"Oh relax, the hospital is only like 15 minutes away, we will make it" she said with a smile before kissing his cheek and getting in the passenger side.

Mark just nodded, not really wanting to have the discussion with Lexie that there is this thing called traffic that happens a lot, especially during the week days. Mark got in the driver's seat and turned on some of Lexie's favorite music before driving off to the hospital.

A little while later
Before they knew it, Lexie was not situated on the hospital bed with her dress over her stomach and some cold gel smeared across while Mark held her hand and Lucy felt around. "Hmmmm..let's see here.." Lucy mumbled with a smile as she looked around the machine.

Lexie gulped a little and as if Mark could sense her nerves, he leaned over and pressed a kiss to her head "it's okay, our little monkey is just hiding." Mark said with a small smile although he was kind of nervous himself. Lexie simply just nodded and gave his hand a small squeeze.

"Okay, here we are!" Lucy said out loud which caused both Lexie and Mark's attention to turn her way, "see here?" Lucy asked while pointing to the baby like figure on the machine "that's your baby. Now..I DO know the gender but it's up to you if you'd rather know the gender now or wait." Lucy said calmly but with the little bit of excitement in her voice.

Lexie took a moment to think but then turned to Mark and smiled a little, "to be honest, I really can't wait to know our baby's gender." Lexie said and Mark nodded quickly "I'm so glad you said that because I can't wait either." He laughed then he turned his attention to Lucy, "we'd like to know right now" he said happily and nervously. This was the moment they'd know if they were raising a mini Lexie or a mini Mark.

"Okay..well, congratulations!! You're having a baby girl!" Lucy said happily and printed out a picture of the ultrasound.

Lexie gasped and from her hormones lately, it was very easy for those tears to form in her eyes. "Mark, we are having a baby girl!" She laughed through the tears and Mark nodded quickly, embracing his girlfriend in his arms and kissing her multiple times on her soft lips. "Now I'm going to have two beautiful girls in my life" he whispered softly so only Lexie could hear.

Lucy smiled and handed Lexie the picture before wiping her stomach off "same time next month" she said before leaving the room. Lexie wiped at her eyes and held the picture up. "This is our baby girl, Mark. Our monkey is a girl" she said with a small laugh and Mark reached over, wiping at her brown eyes.

"I know baby, she's our angel" he said softly before kissing her head. "Now we know how to decorate the nursery for when we move" he said softly before Lexie put the picture on her purse and fixed her dress then stood up.

"Oh right! We're moving next month. I can't wait to start that next chapter of my life with you" she said softly and Mark had to admit, it made him so weak for her.

"Let's go home" Mark said softly and took her hand. They both then walked out the room with wide smiles on their face and out to the car to go home.

Later that night
Lexie and Mark were both chilling in the bathtub surrounded by candles, Mark's idea surprisingly. What could he say? Lexie definitely made him a changed man.

Lexie had her back pressed against his chest in the bath as she smiled with her eyes closed, just enjoying the feeling of his embrace while Mark kissed her shoulder and left his hands on her baby bump.

"Can I ask you something, babe?" Lexie asked a little quietly which caused Mark to lift his head up from her shoulder. "Of course, what's up?" He asked curiously and Lexie let out a deep breath she didn't know she was holding in.

"Well I was just wondering and I get it if you don't want to but um..can our daughters middle name be Susan..? In honor of my mom..?" She asked nervously.

Mark listened to her speak then he smiled and left another kiss to her shoulder. "Of course we can, You're mother would he so proud of you.." he whispered and Lexie nodded as tears formed in her eyes, "y-yeah.." she whispered.

Mark moved his hands from her stomach and to her arms to stroke them in a comforting way. "I miss her so much.." Lexie whispered.

"Shhh..I know baby, I know.." Mark whispered. They spent the rest of that night cuddled on the couch after the bath.

I'm so sorry it took me so long to update!!! I just didn't know if anyone bothered with these stories but it means a lot that you all do! Anyways, I'll update Flight next! Xoxo, have an amazing day/night!