Yuna's Light Up The Sky Interview

" I was born in Guangzhou, China but I'm Korean Japanese...I grew up in China for a long time untill I was eleven we unexpectedly moved to Korea. I never had an interest in singing or dance just wanting to make my parents proud. "

" The first time I heard about Kpop was because of my cousin, she debuted in 2008 but she entered her company in 2007. I asked her how did it feel when she was singing and she told me, Yuna it's an amazing feeling."

" I grew up as the only child, I never knew how it felt to have another sibling until I met Rosie."

" Growing up in China was really fun, my first stage name was actually Suzy! When my mom named me Yuna they told her no, she can't be called Yuna out in public name her something else. So she asked our neighbors at the time and they had a little boy and he said Suzy! Name her Suzy! Suzy and Shu-hui That's how my acting stage name came about."

" A lot of people know me because of my acting, not Blackpink and I don't like that.
I remember during a press conference for a new drama someone asked me Yuna how does it feel to be back on the screen after finishing your side project? And at first I was like What? A side project?
Then they said Blackpink is a side project right? And I remember I got so angry that I grabbed the mic and said I may have done Acting first but I'm Yuna of Blackpink, Blackpink is just my beginning. I belong to Blackpink and only Blackpink."

" Sometimes I can't join the girls because I have a new drama to do, and a lot of people are like Yuna uses Blackpink for fame. And I'm like no I want to do this with the girls I want to be there. So sometimes the girls will be in Paris and I'd be here in Korea and I'll call Jisoo or Jennie and say crying because I feel so bad and say I miss you guys please forgive me! And Jennie would be like no Uinne it's okay! We can't wait to watch."

" After the first episode comes out their like sending me videos like it's so good or like Yuna uinne and so and so sit-in on a tree."

" I have fainted backstage multiple times."

" The girls have always been my number one supporters. I was put late into Blackpink because I would be in China and doing a lot of acting."

" Teddy has always been like my older brother. Actually a lot of our lable mates are like my family, one time a staff member yelled at me and Ji-yong Oppa asked me why I was crying and I while sobbing Oppa this staff member yelled at me and called me mean names and he went I'll talk to them."