Insecure

Pairing: Derek x reader

Genre: Fluff, a little angst, implied smut

Characters: Derek, Y/N, Scott, Stiles

Description: Derek and Y/N have been in a relationship for over a year. He's said "I love you" but Y/N hasn't said it back yet. She does love him, but she has trouble saying it back to Derek, causing him to be insecure. When Derek becomes seriously hurt, Y/N finally admits her love for him.

Derek and you were lying in bed, enjoying the peaceful Sunday afternoon that lay before you. You sighed in happy contentment as Derek wrapped his arms around you and pulled you in close. "I love days like this. Just you and me, no interruptions, no evil werewolves coming to take revenge, it's just perfect." You looked up at Derek through your eyelashes and smiled, causing Derek to smile back. He leaned down and planted a passionate kiss on your lips. His hands began to roam every inch of your body, caressing each tense muscle. You smiled at the feeling, plunging the kiss deeper. Rolling on top of Derek, you straddled him and moved down his body, placing kisses in the most delicate of places. You heard him let out a slight growl as you nicked a very sensitive spot and let out a chuckle which sent electricity through Derek's body. You slowly made your way back up his body and found yourself at his lips again. He gave you a very sexy smile, as if he was daring you to take things further. You smiled back and plunged your lips on his again, both tongues fighting for dominance. Derek won and he flipped you over, his large hands holding your arms in place. He smiled down at you with a loving twinkle in his eye. "I love you, Y/N."

Your eyes widened at his confession and you turned your head. You were afraid this would happen, him saying those three words and you choking up. You really did love him, but you were afraid to make a commitment to him, afraid to say it back. Seeing your reaction, Derek backed off of you and walked over to the other side of the room. You scrambled out of bed and walked after him, placing a hand on his shoulder which he coldly shrugged off. "I thought you felt the same, Y/N. I thought you loved me to. I always thought I was never good enough for you, but your reaction to what I said just proves it. You obviously don't love me."

Tears sprung immediately in your eyes. Of course you loved him, but there are things that he didn't know about you, about your past. You opened your mouth to speak to him when Derek turned around abruptly. "I've put my everything into this relationship and to find out that it was all for nothing breaks my heart. You're my world, Y/N. But now, I don't know what it was all for. Thanks for nothing." He stormed past you and out of the door, leaving you in a crumpled mess on the floor, wishing you could will yourself to tell him why you couldn't say it.

A few hours later when you were back at your house, you received a call. Your phone screen lit up and read the name 'Scott'. You rolled your eyes and answered the phone, an irritated tone to your voice. "Scott, this is really not the time for me to be pulled into your teenage dramas." You heard Scott take a deep, shaky breath on the other side of the phone and Stiles shouting frantically in the background. "Y/N, it's Derek. He's hurt, really hurt. We're taking him back his apartment. I thought youd want to know." A feeling of dread and guilt washed over you as the news sunk in. Derek was hurt, badly, and the last thing he thought of you was that you didn't love him. You thanked Scott and ended the call. You needed to prove to Derek that you really did love him. He's not like the men you had dated, he was much more caring and treated you with a lot more respect. You needed to go and make things right. Picking up your coat from the back of the sofa and grabbing your keys from the bowl, you headed out of the door and sped to Derek's apartment. Within ten minutes, you had drove along the dark roads and made your way up the stairs in Derek's apartment building. You were stood outside his door, but hesitated to go in. What if he didn't want to see you? What if you had completely ruined everything? You took a deep, shaky breath and opened the door,

You gasped at the sight before you. Derek was laying unconscious on his bed, blood coming from every orifice of his body. You collapsed in a heap on the floor, tears streaming down your face and sobs wracking your body. Scott and Stiles ran over to help you up. They both placed comforting hands on your shoulders as you sat down next to Derek. You leaned over and grabbed his hand, running your thumb over the scars that were left.

"I'm so sorry Derek, I should have told you about my past. About what happened to me. I've been treated so badly by the men that were in my life. They've scarred me in ways that I can't repeat. I really didn't know how badly they had affected me until I met you. I fell for you straight away, D. You are the first person that has ever treated me with the respect that I deserved, and that made me fall harder for you. You are my world, Derek. I love you."

Derek's eyes began to flutter open as your head lay down on his hands. He looked around the room and spotted Scott and Stiles standing in the corner, tears in their eyes. He followed their eyeline and found you at the side of him, head hung low. Derek moved his hand and placed it on your face. Your eyes widened at the sudden touch on your face and you moved your head to face him.

"I thought I lost you, Derek. I'm so sorry I didn't say it back to you. Thay was the biggest mistake of my life.." Tears began streaming down your face as Derek swiped them away. "Y/N, I heard everything. I understand why you couldn't tell me what happened to you. I'm so sorry about what happened, it just felt like my whole world had fallen apart. You are the best thing that has ever happened. I love you."

A smile brightened your face as Derek finished his sentence. "I love you to, Derek. Always have, always will." You leaned down and placed a sweet kiss on Derek's lips, pouring all of your love into it.