You've Changed

Pairing: Isaac x reader

Genre: Fluff, Tiny bit of angst

Characters: Isaac, Y/N

Description: Isaac was the first friend Y/N made when she moved to Beacon Hills. They were inseperable. But all of a sudden, Isaac pushes her away and she wants to know why.

You could still remember your first day of school in Beacon Hills. You were 13, a little small for your age and you were absolutely terrified. Everybody your age seemed so much bigger than you. You had taken to slumping at the bottom of a stack of lockers and crying. It was all a little too much to take in, until your Knight in shining armour came to your rescue. He knelt down and placed a comforting hand on your shoulder.

"Hey, I'm Isaac. What's your name?" You looked up at the stranger through wet eyelashes. "Y-Y/N". He held out his hand and lifted you from the floor. Isaac was about your age and his curly locks had only just began to grow. He smiled at you and wrapped a comforting arm around your shoulder. "Well, Y/N. Let's go find your class."

That was 3 years ago and you and Isaac became the best of friends. You guys did everything together, you barely left each others sides which is why you found it really strange that he had been avoiding you and pushing you away, acting cocky which was out of character for him. To be honest, you were starting to feel a little sad. Other than him, you had no other proper friends.

Currently, you were stood at your locker trying to keep yourself together. You had texted Isaac to see if he wanted to hang out after school but had heard nothing. You slumped your shoulders in sadness and made your way out of the school and towards your car.

Little did you know, Isaac was watching you from the other side of the hallway, listening to the dramatic change of your heartbeat. He could sense how all of this was making you feel and he hated himself for it. He wanted to tell you about what happened to him, but he was trying to protect you from the dangers of the supernatural world. Not being able to hold back any longer Isaac follows you home, determined to get his best friend back.

You threw yourself onto your bed and let out an almighty sob. You had no idea what you had done to upset Isaac but you just wished that he would tell you. Anxiety flooded your body as different scenarios whirled around your brain, trying to come up with any sort of answer. You turner around onto your back and stared up at the ceiling, sighing.

You were lost in your thoughts when you heard 3 knocks on your front door. You stood up and wiped your eyes before making your way downstairs. You really didn't expect to see the person standing behind it.

You took a few steps back in shock before slamming the door in Isaacs direction. He managed to catch it with his hand, which left you wide-eyed.

"Y/N, there's something I have to tell you." You crossed your arms over your chest and narrowed your eyes. "Yes, I know there is. How about first, you tell me why the hell you've been ignoring me and acting like a completely different person?!"

Tears began prickling the corners of your eyes. You managed to wipe away the tears with the sleeve of your jumper before they fell down your face. "I will, I promise. But first, can I come in? It's freezing out here." You nodded hesitantly before leading Isaac up to your room.

You sat down on the bed and stared out of the window as Isaac entered your room. "Please look at me, Y/N. I can't stand you being upset. You're my best friend." Isaac walked over and sat down beside you, placing a hand on your shoulder like he did all those years ago. He could feel the anger and sadness radiating off you before you shrugged his hand away.

"Yeah? Well maybe you should have thought about that before ignoring me for weeks on end and acting like a complete jerk! You've changed, Isaac, and I want to know why." At this point, you had turned to face Isaac with a determined look on your face.

Isaac looked down in shame and ran his hand over his face. "I'm so sorry, Y/N I didn't stop and think how that would make you feel. I just wanted to do what was best for you, to protect you."

You shook your head in disbelief. "Protect me? From what?" Isaac lifted his head to look at you, grabbing your hands. "From all of the things out there, Y/N. There is so much that you don't know and I want to tell you, but first I have to show you something, if you'll let me."

You nodded slowly and watched as Isaacs face transformed before your eyes. You stared in shock as his features contorted into something you've never seen before. "Isaac, what the hell's just happened?!"

Isaac looked at you and began to speak in a calm voice which always managed to soothe any anxiety or disbelief you had. "I'm a werewolf, Y/N. I was bitten a few weeks ago. I was trying to keep my distance from you so that you wouldn't get dragged into the supernatural mess. I was trying to protect you. I didn't realise how much if a toll it would take on you. I'm so sorry."

You placed a hand on the side of Isaacs face and began to rub your thumb gently on the new hairs that had grown, earning a purr from Isaac. "You should have told me from the start, Isaac. I would have helped you through this. You're my best friend and there's nothing I wouldn't do for you."

Isaac gave you a sweet smile and transformed back. He began to catch you up on all of the supernatural goings on that had happened, even telling you about the other werewolves that he knew.