Feelings Part 1

Rachel was clueless. She didn't know what to feel. On one hand, she was ecstatic. She just had a daughter, and the little girl was the best thing Rachel had ever seen. On the other hand, she was feeling things in her heart that she hadn't felt for almost three years, ever since they were official, and since his wedding. And who was this mysterious man who had stolen her heart? Ross Geller.  

Ross is her ex-boyfriend, and they haven't dated in three years, but her baby was his. How? Well, Emma is the product of a one-night stand. It's complicated. But she knew how strong her love for Ross was. And she's falling for him all over again. So why isn't she with him? Good question. They shared a sweet, gentle kiss before they left for the hospital and another one right after Emma's birth. Now Rachel is sitting alone, trying to remember the feel of his soft lips on hers, and how happy that made her feel. But when she tried to bring it up, he brushed it off like it was nothing. Oh, how she wished it meant more to him. But little did she know, Ross was having the same thoughts. 

Ross...

He sat in the waiting room, watching the nurse put Emma down. His mind wandered to places he didn't want to go, to Rachel and how much he had missed the feel of her li- 'No! No Ross, don't think about that! You and Rachel are NOT together, she doesn't feel what you do. Don't do this to yourself!' He mentally chided himself. But he couldn't help it. She was so beautiful! Her long dirty blonde hair flowing, her lips curling into that bright smile he so loved, and her blue eyes as pretty as the sky looking straight back at his chocolate brown ones. He sighed.

As he was pondering over Rachel, he noticed Phoebe and Chandler sit next to him. Pheebs was the first to speak. 

'Hey.' Was all she said. 

'Hi.' He said with very little enthusiasm. 

"This is about Rachel isn't it?" At this Ross looked up. How did they know him so well?!

"No." He said unconvincingly. 

Phoebe and Chandler rolled their eyes.

"God, could you BE any more dense?" Chandler said half-joking, half-serious.

Phoebe took a different approach. "Ross, please. We know you. We know what you're thinking about. She is all you think about when you have that faraway look on your face. Honey, you have to stop torturing yourself. You love her. Just go talk to her!" At this Ross tries to interrupt but Phoebe shushes him. "I know exactly what you're gonna say. You're not in that place. But you totally are."

Phoebe gestures for Chandler to take over, which he obliges. "Man, I've been through everything with you. Back in college, there were so many girls, I mean not that many were into you," At this Ross scowls and Chandler smirks, "But before Carol, all I ever heard was Rachel this, and Rachel that! And you have to take the first step. Come on just talk to her."

Ross looked them both dead in the eye for almost twenty seconds before replying.

"Look, we've been on and off. Together, apart, together apart. I just don't wanna hurt Emma, if it doesn't work out. I don't want her to live with two broken parents. Even if I try to make things happen, why would Rachel even want to date me? I should just swallow my feelings because I know she doesn't feel anything."

Chandler and Phoebe scoff. 

"Are you crazy!!?? She LOVES you, you idiot. She's sitting in that room looking so depressed."

"Really?" Ross looks up.

"Yeah man really," said Chandler. "Go talk to her."

The two friends leave Ross to his thoughts.