Chapter 12

"Newt, the vow's being broken today!!" Tina bounced on the couch.

"I know, darling, you've been talking non-stop about it for the past three days."

Newt tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "I'm glad you'll be rid of this horrible obligation."

"I won't have to go where he goes, do what he tells me and I can finally date someone else. It was never about me with him. It was never about what I wanted."

"Was that the basic premise of your relationship? Following him around and doing as told?"

"Yeah, basically," Tina sighed. "I would try to fight it but something always held me back."

"He basically treated you like a dog. Knowing you, I'm surprised you put up with that."

Newt gently pulled her into his arms and they sat there, all curled up.

"It doesn't matter anymore. I'm more of a cat person, anyway," Tina added with a smile.

Newt chuckled, pressing a kiss to her temple.

"I never wanted this to happen," Tina bit her lip. "I never wanted to be with him. But I was so distracted by you that I just had to put my affections somewhere."

"Well, I'm here now. Whatever you want, darling, you can have it."

"I only want you."

"Then I'm yours."

--------------------------------------------

"Queenie, come here."

Queenie rose from her seat & approached the blond man. He was facing a big window with his back to her.

"We need to find Newt Scamander. I'm aware that you were close with him."

"Yes, I even know where he lives" came the reply.

Gellert nodded. "Good, good."

Queenie hovered for a moment, unsure whether to leave or not.

"It has come to my attention that there is an investigative team in London, searching for me."

"I talked to our informant. He may be loyal to you, but I seriously don't trust him."

"Have you read his mind?"

"Just skimmed. And I could already tell that he is very untrustworthy."

"We must keep him. At this point, he could turn us into the Ministry at any second."

"Tread carefully."

"I will. Bring me Aurelius. I think it's time."

Queenie strode off & found Credence in the sitting room, experimenting with his wand.

"Hello, sweetie," Queenie's voice was sweet & kind but it had a sharpness that wasn't there before.

Credence looked over his shoulder. "Hi, Queenie."

He only talked to Queenie & Gellert. And only in quiet murmurs.

"Gellert's looking for you. He's in the front room."

Credence only nodded before leaving.

"You wanted to see me?" There was a slight tremble in his voice as he approached Grindelwald.

"Yes, my boy," Gellert turned to face him. "You've had a good few months to figure out the basics of your wand. Now, we shall begin our lessons."

"What type of lessons?"

"I will teach you magic. Important magic that will help us."

"And will tell me more about my family?"

"Of course, Aurelius, of course."

--------------------------------------------

It was at exactly 4 o'clock when the vow broke.

It was liberating.

"Oh my god," Tina gasped.

Theseus and Jacob imeadiately rushed to her side.

"What is it?"

"Are you okay?"

"Tina? What happened?!" Newt apparated into the sitting room from the basement.

"The vow broke!" Tina laughed.

Relife washed over the men's faces as they celebrated.

Tina swooped forward and caught Newt in a passionate kiss.

"I love you, Newt Scamander."

Newt blinked at her in shock.

"I love you more, Tina Goldstein."

Theseus enveloped them both in a big bear hug.

"Haha! You finally admitted it!"

Jacob joined the hug as they all laughed.

And in that moment, life seemed a little bit brighter.

A/N

Wow this is the shortest chapter I've written since the first few chapters of She's Your Giver.

I am horribly disappointed in myself.

I'm doing NaNoWriMo, so probably no chapter next month. Sorry.

Even though it's short, this chapter has some interesting content. Hope y'all liked it.

See y'all soon!

- Fangurl_700