Alone In The Dark

Tamina leaned against a pillar wrapping a clothe around a cut on her hand. It had happened after she had slipped and her hand thrown out to catch her had slid across an old ax blade. It luckily was just a flesh wound but it stung like crazy.
She found an pitch covered torch and a oil soaked rag it took a few minutes but Tamina had it alight and it was like a star. A beacon in the oppressive darkness.
As she made her way deeper into the mines the temperature dropped and if it was possible it became darker, darker then a winters night blizzard. But that was not what disturbed her rather it was the silence. It was if the world had ended and everyone was dead but her. It was entirely possible it was a deadly silence and did not abide well with the ranger.
As time whittled on and she stumbled down the dark depths of Moria she entered a vast cavern. Tamina felt even more uncomfortable in its dark vastness. She could sense the path slowly rising and soon she was on a path running along the side of the wall beside her was a chasm she did not know how deep.
She pressed herself near the stone wall not wanting to be near the edge she wasn't scared of heights just cautious. She started singing softly to herself a old song she had heard in her childhood when she had watched the elven musicians.

A Elbereth Gilthoniel,
silivren penna miriel
o menel aglar elenath,
na-chaered palan diriel
o galadhremmin ennorath
nef aear, sí aearon,
Fanuilos, le linnathon
Nef aear, sí aearon!

(O Star-queen Star-kindler,
Glimmering white, sparkling like jewels
the glory of the heavens slides down from the firmament.
Having gazed afar at the distance
from tree-tangled lands of Middle-earth
on this side of the ocean, here, great ocean
Fanuilos, I will sing to you
On this side of the ocean, here, great ocean!)

Tamina repeated the song several times. Her clear voice seeming to float.
She brought the torch close to the wall faint silvery faint lines running on the stone cold walls.
"The wealth of Moria was not in gold...Or jewels..." She muttered to herself
She raised her torch high illuminating empty mine shafts with abandoned ladders laying about.
"But in Mithril!"
Tamina finally crossed to the other side and ascended the giant stairs. A few body's were littered almost carelessly on the steps when she reached the top she moved to descend down the next set of stairs.
Then she heard a skittering behind her.
She turned, raising her torch, she looked quickly in all directions, she could hear them moving in the dark. But she couldn't see them anywhere.
Then she looked up. 
A group of them at least half a dozen dropped around Tamina. She turned slowly around glancing at them all. There was in fact five but that would barely make it easier. She threw down the torch onto the floor its light dancing uncertainly and she slid the spear out of its holster. The blade caught the light from the torch and gleamed dangerously.
She held it in her one hand, for a very long second there was no movement. Then she struck.
Elegantly she spun and with a lighting fast slash beheaded one. Before they could react she stabbed another in the throat. Then they formed up and attacked.
With a single arm it was difficult to withstand the crushing force of the Goblins blows. They may have been small but they were very strong and soon her arm was aching. 
Her broken arm was restricting her movement and her cut leg was slower and clumsier.
Like a bird of prey she swung her blade down across a goblins face splitting the helm. Her palm throbbed from the previous cut she had suffered. She blocked a heavy mace blow and the effort of blocking it with one hand nearly drove her to her knees.
She grabbed the Goblin and flung it down the way she had come up.
Then the remaining goblin jumped up and did a crashing blow onto her weapon. She nearly fell over backwards in the dark blood that running along the steps. Then it smashed the heavy ax down again onto her then jumped away. She still hadn't recovered from the blows and was not ready when the goblin flung the torch directly at her face.
Reacting quickly, she flung herself off down the stairs she had intended to go down before they had arrived. The torch came so close she could feel the heat scorch her skin. Some hair caught on fire. 
Then she hit the stairs.
She tumbled down out of control down the giant stairs. The height between each stair was at least a foot and her body hit brutally each time. Trying to stop herself with her hands the skin tore. 
A slight edge on the stair cut down her side. Her broken arm screamed each time she hit. She must have lost consciousness briefly as she suddenly found herself at the bottom amazingly without a broken neck and not dead. She tried to raise herself and failed. Every single part of her body was shrieking in agony. Blood was welling up from a cut on her head. Some of her hair was charred. Ahe had dozens of bruises, some major, some small. Numerous cuts marked her body. Her clothes were torn. The sling was shredded only a single think layer holding it. A flaring pain in her side told her she had broken a rib.
The list went on and on. Tamina was certain that if she made a complete list of every wound on her body she would easily get to four or five pages
The goblin didn't come after her. She picked herself up her spear had made it down with her and she hadn't lost any equipment. She ripped a strip from the bottom of her shirt, and tied it around her head in a rough bandage. She knew how much a simple head wound could bleed, and weaken her.
She continued for several hours before finally collapsing .
She realized she might never get out the thought was so terrifying to her. She was alone in the dark. She started singing softly to herself another song to calm her.

Ai! laurië lantar lassi súrinen,
yéni únotimë ve ramar aldaron!
yéni ve lintë…
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien.
Sinomë maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!

"Alas! golden leaves fall in the wind,
long years numberless as the wings of trees!
Long years like swift…'
'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come.
In this place I will abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world!"

She never noticed but she slowly slipped into the world of dreams on only the second repeat of the song.
Her dream was watching the stars.
With Legolas at her side.