About The Adept Pen First Annual Award

All are welcome. I hope you enjoy the decor. Please remove your shoes at the door and do not feed the Shih Tzu.

First of all, this is not your typical Wattpad Award. Everyone is welcome to enter, but not all will be judged.

The Adept Pen is looking for excellence in authors who have put time and energy into developing and training their skill, who've revisited and revised to find the perfect description for their protagonist's eyes, or the perfect line of dialog, or the most poignant twist. This is for those who understand the purpose of plot, midpoint turns, and character arcs, for lovers of grammar and elegant prose. We're looking for honest skill and talent, and want to recognize those who genuinely aspire.

But don't let any of that crap scare you off.

All of that is meant to say, we want this award to MEAN SOMETHING to the people who posess it. You won't get it because you're popular, have many reads, or are deluged with votes. The judges will be vetted by their own works so we know they understand the value of the written word. When we declare a winner, they'll have earned it.

However, we want anyone who loves the craft to register. You can't win if you don't try. If this is just a hangout for you and you've never edited your own work, you probably don't want to be part of this, but we encourage everyone else to participate.

MEET THE JUDGES

Your judges are your hosts, and this list will be updated as new ones are added

Your judges are your hosts, and this list will be updated as new ones are added. If you want to be considered for judging, please DM one of the current panelists listed below.

FCCleary is a traditionally published author with magazine and book credits, 2 works-in-progress on Wattpad, and has taught storycraft to high school and college students.

Sxxaint is an amateur writer with first place book awards on Wattpad. She has a keen love of reading, giving her an eye for good storytelling, and has spent many years studying the craft.

CoalBlackRose has won literary prizes in State Versification competitions in addition to first place book awards here on Wattpad.

hchladybug1218 has been a freelance writer with Valnet and Babygaga.com, and ghostwrote web articles and marketing copy for consumer products. She is a self published author under Sweek Publishing and TheBookPatch (links in the comment if you want to check them out)

Our Judging Panel is full. However, if you want to be an associate judge, we will welcome competent writers to help out with second reads. If you're interested, please send a message to this account, and please be aware that all current judges need to unanimously greenlight new ones.

-- stay tuned for future announcements. For now, let's press on.