Phase 2: Submissions

When the awards begin, qualified applicants will be invited to submit their work for review in the appropriate category.

This process will be a little different than you're used to, so please pay attention to the following:

Grading on a curve.
The number of winners will depend on the number of people entering each category. As of now, we are planning to award the top 10% (rounded) in each, so one award for 1-14 entrants, two for 15-24, and so on. For example, if we have 100 entrants for one category and none in any of the others we will still be issuing 10 awards.

No entry limits
You can enter as many times as you like, but only once for each category. Every category will have specific requirements and a custom entry form, so there will be little to no overlap.

There are no genre caps.
If we get 100 fantasy submissions, so be it. Why? Because we won't be judging your genres. Instead, submissions will be accepted under the following categories:

Best In Show
This is the highest accolade you can recieve for this award and only one will be issued. It covers all aspects of writing including technical ability and storycraft. We will accept no submissions for this category; the winner will be selected from submissions in all other categories.

Hero
This award goes to the author who creates a believable protagonist with good empathy. Show us how to root for your hero.

Villain
As you've no doubt guessed, this award goes to the best villain. It doesn't have to be a person, monster, or even a specific character, but show us how your antagonist creates conflict and tension in your story, and how that tension is resolved.

Philologos
This award goes to the most eloquent writer. If you love poetics and highly decorated speech, this is where you'll apply.

Master of Worlds
This will be awarded to the best example of worldbuilding and is not limited to fantasy. Show us your fictional setting and demonstrate how well you've considered and constructed a believable environment for your characters.

Wordsmith
This will be awarded to those with a high regard for writing skill. We will pay attention to proper grammar, use of punctuation, word choices, show vs. tell, and similar criteria.

Storyteller
Awarded to the lover of the story, we will focus on story arc, plot beats, pacing, and the author's general ability to harvest our interest.

Silver Tongue
This award will be given to the masters of dialog, demonstrating their story prowess through interesting, poignant, and believable conversation.

Influencer
While not quite in the same vein as others, this award will be issued to the author who has given time and attention to their title, book cover, and blurb to capture the attention of passersby.