Phase 1: Prequalification

As mentioned earlier, everyone is welcome but not everyone will be judged. If you have an interest in applying for this accolade, you need to be prequalified.

Everyone who registers can name the book and chapter they want us to use as criteria, and that chapter will recieve one read and one vote.

The criteria for passing prequalification is simple: demonstrate that you are not a beginner by avoiding the most obvious mistakes new writers make, like basic grammar, spelling, a grasp of proper sentence structure and vocabulary, and so on. Entrants will be recieved in order and split between the judges.

Those who pass prequalification will be notified so they can submit their work for consideration, however there will not be a list of those who don't make the cut because that would be rude. If you're not contacted, don't feel bad or embarassed; nobody starts at the top, and you might need just a bit more polishing. Or maybe your judges are big dummy poop heads (I've been called worse). The most important thing is that you take it like you would any constructive cricisim and KEEP WRITING!

===================================

Prequalification Form

  Username: Confirm author's user name
  Title: Name of the book being submitted
  Chapter: Chapter presented for consideration
  Tags: Friend1 Friend2 Friend3....
  Posted: Did you shout out this book and link?

===================================

⭐️ NOTE: Tags in prequalification are for raising awareness and we require a minimum of 5 but please drop as many as you feel is appropriate. Post this competition in your Conversations and Tag people you think might want to enter, or just let them know you're entering.

Without participants there will be no award! We're counting on YOU to help get the word out, so please don't be shy.

That's it. It can be any chapter in any of your published works, or a new chapter in a new book written specifically for prequalification, we only want to see what you're capable of.

One of the judges will read and vet your chapter. There is no strict rubric for this phase because we all have life outside of Wattpad, and need to keep the process simple even while we try to maintain above average standards.

What do I get for prequalifying?

Participation StickerA chapter readOther possibilities on the horizon

A chapter read
Other possibilities on the horizon.

You can download the sticker here - https://bit.ly/3jRymD1 (clickable link in the comment)

There are no particular accolades associated with it, so we're going with the honor system. If you have submitted an entry for prequalification, you are welcome to help yourself:  

Prequalifications will remain open through December 31, 2020, and sign ups for award categories will take place between January and February, 2021. *Winners will be announced at the end of March, 2021.

*These dates are subject to change.