(5)shell we dance

Vader walked behind Padme quietly, trying not to get in her way. While Obi-Wan and Anakin was fighting he was protecting Padme. She would sometimes talk to him, but never about who he is. She knew he was anakin, but it was so complicated.

For Vader it was complicated because she didn't know how she died in the last timeline. He didn't know how to tell her, so he just left it.

Padme was at a meeting with her fellow senator, bail. "Could we have some time alone Ani?" Vader bowed, and left the room. She still called him Ani, Vader thought that it was her way of telling him that no matter how much he had changed he was still the Ani she knew. It felt good to know she didn't hate him, even after learning he had brought down the republic. Still it felt weird, after over 10 years with out her, now to have her so near hurt. Ahsoka was right, he should move on, and the truth is he was. He still loved Padme, but his Padme was dead. He knew what his Padme would tell him, yell at him that is, "I don't want you to live in misery."

At that thought he smiled. Of course now was the time that he would bump into something, or in this case someone.

Papers fly into the air, and flutter to the floor. Vader had landed on his butt, so did the girl in front of him. He looked at her and was surprised. He had not felt her coming through the force, he felt in the force where she was supposed to be, and found nothing. 'is she force blind?'he thought. He released he was staring, and quickly stood up and helped her up.

"do you come here often or do you only fall for me?" She asked with a wink that said she was joking. He looked at her flustered

"Here are your things, I'm sorry for tripping over you my lady."

"You can make it up to me by taking me out to dinner."

he smiled, he had a line he had been wanting to use for ages,"It would be my honor to take such a fine specimen of beauty, such as yourself to dinner." He said with a koi smile. 'that's better then what my first attempt at flitting' he thought wryly.

She laughed, "how long have you saved that line?"

He chuckled, she had called him out."A few years", they laughed together. "When do you get off work?"

"Six, today if that's alright?"

"That works out for me as well, my lady."

"Well then I see only one problem left. "

"And what is that, my lady? "

"I don't know your name."

"My name is Vader my lady, nothing more or less."

"My name it Sheltay Retract, but all the people I know calls me Shelly."

"Not your friends?"

"You can not know someone, and still say they are a friend."

"You are right there, my lady." At that moment Padme came out and told Vader she was done with Bail. Vader nodded and turned to Shelly and bowed,"good day, my lady". She gave a nod, a smile and went on her way.

"Who was that Ani?"

Vader started walking forgetting that he was guarding Padme, and not on the death star. "A lady I am taking to dinner tonight." He said with a faint smile.

Padme looked at Vader with a face that was full of relief. She had been worried about Vader, he had looked so lonely when he didn't have his son with him, which was after, sense Luke had started training with master Yoda. She had been worried that Vader had nothing to do with his life, but a date was something.

"I'm glad to hear it, Ani."

Vader had arrived a few minutes early only to find that Shelly has done the same thing. Now he was driving, not as recklessly as he used to, him and Shelly to a fast food place. They got some burgers and milkshakes, then parked out side her house. Vader and Shelly both did not want to be seen. It's true that most would not know them, but those who did would spread the gossip. They eat mostly in silence, other then the occasional car, or drunk.