Late Night Stroll

It was past curfew, but that didn't stop you. It was a stressful first week back and you needed to clear your head. You decided to take a stroll and try not to get caught. As you walked you let out a deep sigh thinking about everything that was going on. You got so deep in thought that you bumped straight into someone.

     "Oh my!! I'm so sorry I didn't mean to!" You apologized.

     "Oh its you L/N, what are you doing out past curfew?" He wondered looking into your eyes.

     "I'm sorry, I was stressed and couldn't sleep so I was taking a quick walk to clear my head." You responded, apologozing again. He smiled, he had such a cute smile. 'Shit! I can't think that of a teacher that's forbidden.' You thought to yourself.

     "That's okay. I'll let you off this time." He winked sending chills down my spine. 'Oh my god what is happening, I can't feel this about a teacher' you exclaimed in your mind.

     Down the hall you could hear footsteps. 'Oh no! Not another teacher, they're definitely not going to let me off' You saw McGonagall stroll down the corridor and when she saw you her eyes narrowed.

     "Ms. L/N what are you doing out of bed?" McGonagall asked you.

     Right as you were about to speak Mr. Filch stood up for you, "Don't worry McGonagall, Ms. L/N was just helping me find Mrs. Norris, she wandered off somewhere and I needed another pair of eyes watching out for her." You were relieved, but also confused 'Why in the hell did Filch lie for me?' She walked away still looking a little suspicious.

     "Thank you for saving me from detention from McGonagall for two weeks." You laughed and Filch let out a chuckle too.

     "Don't worry about it Y/N, let's get you back to the gryffindor common room."

     There was a comfortable silence in the air as both of you walked back to the common room. You could hear his breathing which comforted you oddly. Finally, you made it back and whispered the password to the Fat Lady and said your last goodbyes to Filch.

     'How did I get away with that, without Filch's help I'd definitely have detention."

     You laid in bed trying to fall asleep, but you couldn't. You tried to tell yourself it was because of Angelina Johnson's heavy snoring or the fact that Katie Bell kept moving in her sleep, but deep down you knew it wasn't. Filch's smile kept replaying in your head. You were reminded of when he winked at you, and that gave you butterflies. His eyes glimmering while staring at you and his bright smile kept replaying and replaying in your head like a loop. You needed to get him out somehow.

     You definitely couldn't get away with another stroll around Hogwarts without getting caught, so you decided to sit in the common room by the fireplace. As you sat by the warm, crackling fire, you thought of Filch once again which lit a fire inside you. Being so deep in your thoughts once again, you didn't even notice Fred Weasley taking a seat next to you until he spoke up.

     "Couldn't sleep either?" Fred asked you startling you out of your thoughts, which made Fred laugh. He had a nice laugh, not as nice as Filch's though. 'Damnit Y/N you can't think these thoughts anymore, it's forbidden'

     "Nope, I even took a walk around the corridors, and still can't sleep."

     "Wow Y/N out past curfew? Is Georgie and I's best friend finally a rebel?" He joked while acting fake surprised.

     "Ha Ha." You retorted throwing a smirk in his direction.

     "So you didn't get caught? Wow, sneakier than I remember." Fred said obviously remembering the time you, Fred, and George went to pull a prank past curfew, but you made too much noise and got them caught by McGonagall.

     "Hey! First of all, I've always been sneaky, McGonagall just has super hearing." You smirked, "And I most definitely got caught."

     Fred didn't look surprised, "Of course you did, there was no way my little Y/N/N was going to be sneaky." You playfully punched him and he faked being injured, "So, how many detentions."

     "None." You smiled widely at him.

     "Now, now Y/N it's not nice to lie to your best friend."

     "No I'm serious, zero detentions for me, I'm just extremely charming." You joked and then told him the story where Filch caught you and then decided to let you off, but McGonagall came and he lied for you. Obviously you left out the parts about how gorgeous his eyes were, his wide perfect smile, the fact that his laugh was music to your hears, and that you could listen to his voice for hours and never get sick of it.

     "No way! Filch lied for you? That's about as possible as Malfoy being the nicest guy alive. Filch never has been kind to anyone, and he lives for catching students out after bed." Fred said in disbelief.

     "I told you, I'm the most charming person alive, and obviously the prettiest." You jokingly rolled your eyes and then looked at Fred's expression which made you laugh until your stomach hurt. He eventually joined in laughing at your stupidness and it was a chorus of laughter.

Fred's POV
     I couldn't believe that I am best friends with the prettiest girl in school. Of course I could never tell her that though.

      I said my goodbyes to Y/N as I watched her walk up to the girls' dorm. I'm was glad I couldn't sleep because I got to talk to Y/N. When I first approached her, she looked deep in thought, but about what? There was a smile on her lips, a slight pinkness to her cheeks, and a glimmer in her eyes. What if she was thinking about me? No way, she was probably thinking about Cedric Diggory or one of the other tons of guys who fancied her.

     Y/N changed over the summer, a lot. Her face thinned out, her lips got plumper, her eyelashes longer, h/c perfectly placed on her head, and her you know whats got bigger. I blushed thinking about that, then he scolded himself. No I can't think that way about her, she's different.

     I wish I could ask her to out, but she'd reject me for sure. I'm trying to get Harry to see who she likes. I mean, what if its me? It's not, I don't know why I keep placing false hope.