Lies & Love Potions

Filch stopped chasing Peeves after he saw you. Now that he was in the moonlight so you can see him more clearly. He looked worn out, even his beautiful blue eyes didn't have the same sparkle.

"Did you see where he went?" Filch asked you and you shook your head, "Too late now anyways," He sighed and shook his head muttering something about Peeves, "So how was the ball?"

"Not the best," You said truthfully. He looked pitifully at you and sighed.

"It's okay y/n, guys your age are stupid and make mistakes. The world isn't over and neither is tonight, so let's go on a walk," Filch suggested to you and you accepted.

He started walking down the hall, but stopped and turned around waiting for you. When he turned was the most perfect moment, the moonlight hit his eyes just right, they were a sea you could drown in. Right now, you were drowning. He's handsome and you like him, you finally accepted. Argus was right, guys your age are dumb and pointless.

"So Argus, tell me about yourself," You told him waiting patiently for his response.

"I'm nothing special, I was born here in England from two wizards," he started, and you studied the side of his face as if you were trying to memorize it, "They treated me fairly, considering I'm a squib." He said sadly.

"Oh no! I had no idea, I'm sorry Argus," You looked at him once again and he made eye contact with you. His big eyes shimmered with tears and you looked away, pink spreading across your cheeks.

"Don't be, Dumbledore treats me well enough and my job isn't so bad," He mentioned optimistically.

You two sat on a nearby bench and stared out the window. There was a comfortable silence lingering for a moment before you spoke.

"It's a beautiful night," You spoke, changing the subject.

It was beautiful outside too, the stars were dotted across the dark sky. The cold from outside clinged to your bare arms and a chill ran down your spine, but you weren't sure it was because of the cold or Argus, maybe both. He touched your arm in that moment and you made eye contact once again. You could still hear the slow music coming from the great hall and in a moment of recklessness you stood up and let out your hand.

"The night is not over, let's dance," You spoke confidently.

He thought about it for a moment, and then took your hand. You weren't the best dancer, but you had some moves. His hands fell on your waist as butterflies swarmed your body. You thought you might collapse, but you didn't. Each of your hands gripped his shoulders which had a dark jacket laying on them. He dressed up, but didn't go to the ball. You didn't question it, and continued to live in the moment. The moon casted a light that framed your silhouettes on the corridor wall. You two moved slowly, wanting time to slow down forever. If you could freeze time you would.

"You know, I didn't even get to dance with my date," You shattered the silence.

"What happened?" He asked, his deep eyes boring into yours.

"He kissed another girl,"

"Y/n, I'm so sorry," Argus felt sorry for you, he had been put down his entire life and he couldn't believe that people would do that to you.

"Don't be," You stared at his lips this time, how bad you wanted to kiss them, but you couldn't.

You heard people coming down the hall and Argus quickly hid. It was Ginny, Luna, and Neville.

"Oh hey y/n, what are you doing?" Ginny asked you curiously.

"Just looking at the stars," You lied to them.