Detention

Fred's POV
     Y/n walked off with Cedric Diggory. He interrupted right when I was going to ask her. He's gonna ask her, and she's gonna say yes. I've missed my chance. Fuck. What do girls see in him anyway? His stupid smile? His stupid hair? Is it because he was chosen for the tournament. If only the aging potion worked, then maybe I could be champion. I bet y/n would like me then.

      I immediately frowned after she walked away. Why didn't I ask her sooner? Why did I insult her? Why didn't I stop her from going with Diggory? Fuck, I'm an idiot. Her smile got brighter when she saw him, and I know she fancies him. I'm screwed,   y/n will never like me.

     Geoge must've noticed my mood, "Come on Freddie, he probably isn't even asking her to the dance. He's probably asking about homework or something. She'll be back in a minute and you can ask her," George said trying to stay positive. It worked a little bit, but I knew it wasn't true.

    "George, we both know that he's asking her right now, so don't even try to make me feel better," I responded, annoyed with George, but mostly annoyed at myself.

     "Freddie, stay positive, you never know,"

    "George you can take your optimism and shove it right up your a-," I stopped myself noticing George's expression, "I'm sorry Georgie, I'm just worried. I've fancied her forever and now Diggory is swooping out of nowhere and stealing her from me,"

    "Fred, I know you've liked her forever, but she was never 'yours' and if she likes Diggory you'll have to respect that, you should still support her as her best friend," George started, "We'll prank Diggory don't worry," George finished with a devilish grin. My lips tugged for a moment, but went back to my scowl.

    "Fredddddd, come on man, you are being a downer," George noticed my glare and continued, "If y/n doesn't like you, that's her loss. Freddie, you are a great guy- I mean not as great as me, but you'll find a girl even if it isn't y/n. On the brightside, y/n might like you, but she's hiding it because she thinks you don't like her like that," George said with an optimistic tone.

     "You are right Georgie. Us Weasleys don't give up when they get knocked down- well maybe Ron, but I will win her heart!" I said matching George's tone.

     I sat waiting for her, but she never showed. Breakfast was almost over, and she still didn't come back. Maybe she went to class? No, she would've came back to walk with us. If she's taking this long Diggory must be asking her. Or snogging her. I shuddered at that thought.

     "Alright Freddie, time for potions," George said as he stood up.

     "Go ahead with Angelina, y/n hasn't came back yet,"

     "Fred come on. Diggory probably walked her to class or something. We'll see if she's in there,"

     "Fine," I muttered following George and Angelina out of the Great Hall.

    We walked into class and I sat at an empty table in the back of the class. I looked around the class and didn't see her. Must not be here yet. George and Angelina sat near me, and I saved a spot for y/n next to me.

    A couple minutes passed and y/n still didn't show up. I wasn't getting worried now. Angelina and George must've noticed because they started spewing their optimistic bullshit and I had enough of it. Y/n was probably snogging Diggory right now.

     Snape made his dramatic enterance as usual. He closed each window with a flick of his wand while he walked to the front of the class. He stared at all of us and announced the lesson for the day. Love potions.

     We had Potions with Ravenclaw so it wasn't so bad. Atleast it's not Slytherin. Snape definitely favored Slytherin and had some vendetta against any and all Gryffindors. Even Hermione and she is a genius. I see why he'd hate her though, she's an annoying know-it-all. Y/n said she's cool, but I don't see it.